Elder Scrolls Online - DOF doesnt working

• prtpj
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #1 by prtpj Elder Scrolls Online - DOF doesnt working was created by prtpj
Hi.

The last version which a remember DOF is working was 3.0.8
But the current version is better in many things (so, I wouldnt like a downgrade), but DOF isnt working. What can I do??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• seri14
More
4 years 8 months ago #2 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic Elder Scrolls Online - DOF doesnt working
Modify the ReShade.ini file before launching the game.

• prtpj
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #3 by prtpj Replied by prtpj on topic Elder Scrolls Online - DOF doesnt working

seri14 wrote: Modify the ReShade.ini file before launching the game.

Hi, I tried that. Didnt work. :( :(

With autofocus on there is no DOF, nothing changes.
With autofocus off and mouse driven focus on everything became blur (first plane and background)

I cant make it works to first plane stays on focus, but background blurred

• seri14
More
4 years 8 months ago #4 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic Elder Scrolls Online - DOF doesnt working
Change the _REVERSED=1 to 0 (it is in same file)

• JBeckman
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #5 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Elder Scrolls Online - DOF doesnt working
github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/blob/...ders/DisplayDepth.fx

There's this shader as well which when loaded will show a black to white image of the game world which is it's depth buffer.

All black? No depth buffer.

As Elder Scrolls Online is a MMO and changes in ReShade could also affect it's network detection for traffic and since this disables ReShade using said depth buffer any effect using it tends to end up looking quite flat which I assume is what happens here anytime you're not standing still (As I recall how it worked.) and if there's other players nearby such as in city areas.

Modified builds of ReShade can and have disabled the depth check before but there's no guarantee these are still compatible and games can also have some strict white or black list routines so a recompiled version (I haven't kept up in ages if there's anything for 4.3.0 or the newer code commits.) might not work with the game at all.

Hmm and then there's also additional compatibility options for 4.0 and onwards in ReShade that perhaps could help but I think it's simply a matter of the games MMO nature and the depth buffer not being available because network traffic is being sent so it disables for avoiding problems with getting ReShade blacklisted by exploiting shader effects and depth buffer usage.
(Also why shaders such as crosshairs aren't part of the official ReShade shader repository.)

EDIT: I stopped playing some months before the Summerset add-on too so the game engine and other changes (Like ReShade itself updating further.) could also have changed significantly with regards to ReShade compatibility and functionality.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by JBeckman.

• prtpj
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #6 by prtpj Replied by prtpj on topic Elder Scrolls Online - DOF doesnt working

seri14 wrote: Change the _REVERSED=1 to 0 (it is in same file)

Didnt work :( :(

• prtpj
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #7 by prtpj Replied by prtpj on topic Elder Scrolls Online - DOF doesnt working

JBeckman wrote: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/blob/...ders/DisplayDepth.fx

There's this shader as well which when loaded will show a black to white image of the game world which is it's depth buffer.

All black? No depth buffer.

As Elder Scrolls Online is a MMO and changes in ReShade could also affect it's network detection for traffic and since this disables ReShade using said depth buffer any effect using it tends to end up looking quite flat which I assume is what happens here anytime you're not standing still (As I recall how it worked.) and if there's other players nearby such as in city areas.

Modified builds of ReShade can and have disabled the depth check before but there's no guarantee these are still compatible and games can also have some strict white or black list routines so a recompiled version (I haven't kept up in ages if there's anything for 4.3.0 or the newer code commits.) might not work with the game at all.

Hmm and then there's also additional compatibility options for 4.0 and onwards in ReShade that perhaps could help but I think it's simply a matter of the games MMO nature and the depth buffer not being available because network traffic is being sent so it disables for avoiding problems with getting ReShade blacklisted by exploiting shader effects and depth buffer usage.
(Also why shaders such as crosshairs aren't part of the official ReShade shader repository.)

EDIT: I stopped playing some months before the Summerset add-on too so the game engine and other changes (Like ReShade itself updating further.) could also have changed significantly with regards to ReShade compatibility and functionality.

If I try to test a old version of reshade now on ESO Elsweyr and DOF works, so the issue is with the reshade currently version?

• seri14
More
  • Deathmedic
More
4 years 8 months ago #9 by Deathmedic Replied by Deathmedic on topic Elder Scrolls Online - DOF doesnt working
elder scrolls online is well an online game and reshade disables the depth buffer access for any online game.
Which is needed for dof effects, so you probably can't get it to work.

• prtpj
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #10 by prtpj Replied by prtpj on topic Elder Scrolls Online - DOF doesnt working
Thx everyone for help, but nothing worked here (well, downgrade to 3.1 or less was the only way which worked, but i miss somethings on currently version)

I will forget about DOF on ESO :( :(

• prtpj
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #11 by prtpj Replied by prtpj on topic Elder Scrolls Online - DOF doesnt working
Ok..i'm weak to keep promises and stubborn. Maybe I just needed a time to refresh my mind and try again.

Well, I tried again and something different happened this time.
I really dont know much about reshade. I'm usually change simple things, create a preset with my customization, etc.
Some filters, I really dont know yet how they works or I didnt understand if it or how that is useful.

With the repplies on this topic I did learn a little bit and could try new things.

With that, maybe I can ask new things and get the help about this issue (if you guys can try again with me :P)

Well, about new things (for me) which I saw:
At first I tried turn on DisplayDepth on char select screen and got this result:
. So, something is working and I thought "could be only working out of open world"?

I did come to my house ingame (a instanced map) and got this:

So i did the same test inside a dung (another instanced map, but different because other players could enter with me).
Works as before. So I tried on open world.
Initially works, but suddenly I got this:

• prtpj
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #12 by prtpj Replied by prtpj on topic Elder Scrolls Online - DOF doesnt working
So I went to statistics to see if something is different (some error msg) and saw this:

I did noticed, most of time, when a player(s) appears on my view ingame, the reshade DoF stops working. I thought was only that, so I could take screeshots with DoF IF there is any player there.
But for my surprise, this happens too where there is any players (with players is 100% times DoF disabled)

One last thing I did noticed. Cinematic DoF works a little better and the Magic DoF and other DoF, apparently, 90% of config sliders doesnt works. I change numbers and there is no difference.

With that 2 error msg there is something which can be do to fix this? Or another thing?

• prtpj
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #13 by prtpj Replied by prtpj on topic Elder Scrolls Online - DOF doesnt working
Help? :huh:

seri? ;)
JBeck? ;)

• crosire
More
4 years 7 months ago #14 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Elder Scrolls Online - DOF doesnt working
Those are warnings, not errors and for the shader developers, so just ignore them.

As for DOF stopping to work with players in view: That's ReShade's anti-cheat system kicking it, which prevents depth access when network activity is detected. This was explained before and is intentional.

• prtpj
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #15 by prtpj Replied by prtpj on topic Elder Scrolls Online - DOF doesnt working

crosire wrote: Those are warnings, not errors and for the shader developers, so just ignore them.

As for DOF stopping to work with players in view: That's ReShade's anti-cheat system kicking it, which prevents depth access when network activity is detected. This was explained before and is intentional.

I understand what is happening now and why
But I have one question: "network activity" is only player appearing on my screen or there are more elements which is considered "network activity"?

• crosire
More
4 years 7 months ago #16 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Elder Scrolls Online - DOF doesnt working
It can be anything. Whenever the game has to sync data from/to its server. A player being near you is the most obvious case of this happening, but its not the only one. In general you'll just have a hard time with effects that use depth in multiplayer games, and that's deliberate.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.