quint_lightroom's lut not working well

• availableusername
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1 by availableusername quint_lightroom's lut not working well was created by availableusername
So i used lightroom to color grade the game to my liking took a screenshot , cropped it perfectly using the TileSize*NoOfTiles as width and TileSize as the height, saved it as a .png with no compression put it into the reshade-shaders/textures folder as lut.png and finally used lut.fx to load it but the end result is not even remotely close to what lightroom was giving me at first i thought the problem was the that lut.fx was expecting a 1024*32 size lut and i was giving it a larger one but even by changing the proportions of lut correctly in lightroom and repeating the process i still did not get the correct result. Also it's worth mentioning that i had no other shaders loaded when i was using lightroom so theres no chance that some other shader could have messed up the lut. Would appreciate some help as this game desperately needs some color grading.

Edit: found a fix, to set lut luma amount to 0 which just so happens to be exactly the same fix i had to use back when i made my first lut back then i just assumed it was something i did wrong but now i think it might be a problem with lut.fx instead.
Edit: Edit: Yup i think i found a bug in lightroom for some reason despite setting both tile size and no of tiles to 32 the first tile in the lut seems to have a width of 33 pixels instead of 32 all the others seem to have 32 width though (i think, haven't checked)
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by availableusername.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jas01
More
4 years 8 months ago #2 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic quint_lightroom's lut not working well
The following user(s) said Thank You: availableusername

• availableusername
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #3 by availableusername Replied by availableusername on topic quint_lightroom's lut not working well
IT worked!! Finally!! Thanks a lot mate!

• jas01
More
4 years 8 months ago #4 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic quint_lightroom's lut not working well
No problem. Had to battle this issue some time ago as well. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: availableusername

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.