Dark Souls 3 Depth Buffer problem

• TheParryGod
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #1 by TheParryGod Dark Souls 3 Depth Buffer problem was created by TheParryGod
Hey all,

I've been trying to get ReShade 4.3.0 to work on Dark Souls 3 (DX9/DX10/OpenGL) but it seems there is a problem with depth detection?
- All DoF shaders work normally on auto focus setting but do not on manual mode. (Except Cinematic DoF)
- Cinematic DoF works on auto focus mode but the blur bleeds into parts that should be in focus.
- I cannot get Chromakey to work. It's either nothing or the whole screen is green.
- Display Depth is all black but I can see normal map just fine.

If anyone has an idea as to how to fix this I'd be eternally grateful. My main concern is Cinematic DoF and Chromakey. Also, I'm not well versed in this topic so the more detailed your explanation is the more likely it will get through to me :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daodan
More
4 years 7 months ago #2 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Dark Souls 3 Depth Buffer problem

TheParryGod wrote: - Display Depth is all black but I can see normal map just fine.

If that's the case then the depth buffer is reversed. Try changing the value for RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED in the gobal preprocessor definitions to 0.

• TheParryGod
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #3 by TheParryGod Replied by TheParryGod on topic Dark Souls 3 Depth Buffer problem
Changing this one value from 1 to 0 solved all of my problems. You don't know how much headache you've saved me from. Thank you so much!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.