Effects go crazy after loading screens

• Alexander00
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #1 by Alexander00 Effects go crazy after loading screens was created by Alexander00
Hello everyone,

Im having an issue with certain shaders whenever the game loads. I’m playing KOTOR (OpenGL).

Basically it started when I downloaded a preset from the nexus forums. Once in game, I switched from default to the preset and boom it looked amazing. However, once I hit a loading screen, everything goes bonkers. Bloom goes crazy bright and everything turns black and white.

At first I thought it might be the preset so I just selected and adjusted to match the same effects in my defaultpreset. Still same problem. It also seems to only be an issue with certain effects like bloom.fx and emphasize... there are most likely others.

What the heck is going on?!? Lol it’s been driving me mad. Hoping it’s a noob error (this is my first go at reshade)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Effects go crazy after loading screens
This is normal. Those games do not clear the screen after each frame during loading screens, so the effects stack on top of each other (bloom applying to the bloom of the previous frame etc).

• Alexander00
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #3 by Alexander00 Replied by Alexander00 on topic Effects go crazy after loading screens
Damn... that does make sense. I wonder if there is a fix out there? Otherwise I have to switch back to defaultpreset before each loading screen. Kind of immersion breaking.

Anyways thank you for the help.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Alexander00.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.