UIDetect don't working.

• FurioS
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #1 by FurioS UIDetect don't working. was created by FurioS
Hello, I have a problem with UIDetect, both functions (MaskRGB, UIdetect) don't work for me. After entering the coordinates, nothing happens.
I edited the UIDetect.fx file and in epsilon I set it from 0.00001 to 255 which should exclude the possibility of entering incorrect coordinates and nothing happens.
I loaded the mask into texture, but also in this case it hasn't effect. I tested the UImask shader and it works fine. I tested UIDetect in two games and no effect. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brussell
More
3 years 7 months ago #2 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic UIDetect don't working.

FurioS wrote: I edited the UIDetect.fx file and in epsilon I set it from 0.00001 to 255 which should exclude the possibility of entering incorrect coordinates and nothing happens.

Thats not the right way to test the shader since epsilon is used multiple times for different purposes.

First, have you already tried to use the UIDetect_ShowPixel mode, as stated in the description? Just enable this as the only effect in the shader list. Enter the x and y coordinates of a a static UI pixel in the GUI and the pixels color should fill the whole screen. Make a screenshot and get the RGB values via a color picker tool in your image processing software (Gimp, Photoshop etc). Then write these values and the pixels coordinates into the arrays UIPixelRGB and UIPixelCoord_UINr (and use only that pixel, so PIXELNUMBER must be 1). After that, disable UIDetect_ShowPixel again and use the normal UIDetect effect ordering as stated in the description. If this works, you can add other UI pixels with this methid one after another.

Btw, what games have you tested? Do you use HDR mode or sth.?

• FurioS
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #3 by FurioS Replied by FurioS on topic UIDetect don't working.
Hey, thanks for the answer. I tested UIDetect in "Horizon zero dawn" and "Control". I made a video, so if you can watch it and please tell me what i did wrong.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by FurioS.

• brussell
More
3 years 7 months ago #4 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic UIDetect don't working.
Looks fine to me. But you enabled UIDetect_USE_RGB_Mask in your video. Could you try it without to rule it out as the culprit?
If it still doesn't work, then there is a problem with my shader.
Does UIDetect work with other, older (d3d9, 10, 11) games for you? Can you try it out? (You can also enable DX11 mode in Control)

Btw., don't forget to revert your changes to epsilon (just in case...).

• FurioS
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #5 by FurioS Replied by FurioS on topic UIDetect don't working.
I tested in Control DX11 and it works, but at DX12 no effect.

• brussell
More
3 years 7 months ago #6 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic UIDetect don't working.
Ok, then UIDetect doesn't seem to work with DX12 games.
Problem is: I can't test it with dx12 since I don't use Windows10.
But I probably have an idea and will post here, if I have sth. useful.

• FurioS
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #7 by FurioS Replied by FurioS on topic UIDetect don't working.
If you need someone to testing, I can help ya.

• brussell
More
3 years 7 months ago #8 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic UIDetect don't working.
Could you test this UIDetect.fx please and see if it works: www.sendspace.com/file/facp4l

• FurioS
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #9 by FurioS Replied by FurioS on topic UIDetect don't working.
I have a black screen after entering the menu with coordinates I've set.

EDIT: Okay, found where the problem was
pixelColor = round(tex2Dlod(ColorOrig, float4(pixelCoord, 0, 0)).rgb * 255);
Here should be
pixelColor = round(tex2Dlod(ReShade::BackBuffer, float4(pixelCoord, 0, 0)).rgb * 255);

EDIT2: Still is problem with mask - not working for me. Detector with that correction works perfectly.

• brussell
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #10 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic UIDetect don't working.
No, I've changed that line intentionally as part of the "fix". It's supposed to be that way.
So if I understand you correctly:
-Old UIDetect.fx -> effects don't get disabled in game menu
-New UIDetect.fx -> black screen in game menu
So the detection works now, but instead of disabling effects all is black now? Is that right?

edit:

Detector with that correction works perfectly.

That makes no sense, since you literally get the old behavior with your change.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by brussell.

• FurioS
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #11 by FurioS Replied by FurioS on topic UIDetect don't working.
Exactly, but with that correction uidetect works correctly, but mask for HUD not working.

• brussell
More
3 years 7 months ago #12 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic UIDetect don't working.
That would mean it always worked for you beside the mask.

• FurioS
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #13 by FurioS Replied by FurioS on topic UIDetect don't working.
Look

In brief:
Old UIDetect: no detector, no mask
New: Black screen at menu
New with correction: Detector works but no mask

• brussell
More
3 years 7 months ago #14 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic UIDetect don't working.
Well, if you can read the code, you see that your "correction" just restores the old behavior and the new texture ColorOrig never gets sampled.
So either the old UIDetect.fx should also work for you (except the mask thing, which is another problem) or this is some kind of magic I don't understand.

• FurioS
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #15 by FurioS Replied by FurioS on topic UIDetect don't working.
I won't pretend, but it's magic to me :lol:
After a few tests and restarting the game, at new version there are no differences in the menu (i.e. still not working). I don't know why I had a black screen earlier, maybe some kind of bug. I have no idea why the detector works after changing # 70 path.

• brussell
More
3 years 7 months ago #16 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic UIDetect don't working.
Can you also test this file please: www.sendspace.com/file/ao4361

• FurioS
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #17 by FurioS Replied by FurioS on topic UIDetect don't working.
Not working.

• brussell
More
3 years 7 months ago #18 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic UIDetect don't working.

• FurioS
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #19 by FurioS Replied by FurioS on topic UIDetect don't working.
Hello, this one working at 50 % - detector works, mask still not working.

• brussell
More
3 years 7 months ago #20 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic UIDetect don't working.
And this (last one, I promise)?: www.sendspace.com/file/yrxhwd

Regarding the rgb mask problem: Does the mask work with with non-dx12 games or does it generally not work for you?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.