ReShade completely nonfunctional in ESO's Newest Expansion

• Elysia
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #1 by Elysia ReShade completely nonfunctional in ESO's Newest Expansion was created by Elysia
There's an issue with ReShade constantly attempting to compile. I don't really know what that means, but it doesn't work at all. After several seconds and/or severe changes of scenery, the gray ReShade bar will flash at the top saying it's compiling shaders. 
https://imgur.com/a/MqmWWS2((I tried to attach a picture here but can't figure out how.))
I've tested this with various shaders enabled until finally I worked my way down to one. I turned that off, too, and the error persists.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled with a variety of shader packages. 
These are the shaders I usually enable: LUT, Vibrance, LumaSharpen, Deband, DPX, SMAA, Clarity, MagicBloom, and MultiLUT. Sometimes I turn on FakeHDR and there's another one I can't remember. When I first got ReShade, I tried to mess around with settings. Since then, I've decided that with the above shaders turned on, I don't have to modify anything; it is (or was) great as-is. 
I hadn't been seeing this issue until last night, when I first began playing ESO's newest chapter, Blackwood. I'm terribly sad because the game just isn't the same without ReShade, but I can't seem to get it to work no matter what I do. Even with no shaders enabled, as long as I have ReShade enabled, I get the rapidly flashing gray bar at the top of the screen. 
I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone is able to update or fix it soon, but for now I have to uninstall it. I'm just barely above the 'complete noob' level of technical expertise, so there's not much I seem capable of doing on my own. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.