Regarding the Oculus Rift

• crosire
More
7 years 8 months ago #21 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Regarding the Oculus Rift

BlueSkyKnight wrote: I don't know but, it may be easier to program for OSVR that way all the HMD will work.

That won't work. I need to hook into the native runtime of the hardware. Keep in mind that it's unlikely for all games to use OSVR.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 8 months ago #22 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Regarding the Oculus Rift

crosire wrote: Like I said in other topics, I do not have the time to work on this currently. If everything pans out, there will be opportunity to continue it next month. But I cannot guarantee anything.

No worries, take your time

• crosire
More
7 years 7 months ago #23 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Regarding the Oculus Rift
Update: Unfortunately, I'm stuck. In theory I have access to the Rift swapchain now and can render into it. But I can't test this, nor figure out how to proceed because for some reason the DK2 I have here refuses to work with the latest Oculus Rift runtime. It does work with version 0.8, but any newer version with Oculus Home does not recognize the device anymore. Problem is that the API between 0.8 and 1.X changed A LOT, so even though 0.8 is working, I can not do anything with it.

• keem85
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #24 by keem85 Replied by keem85 on topic Regarding the Oculus Rift

crosire wrote: Update: Unfortunately, I'm stuck. In theory I have access to the Rift swapchain now and can render into it. But I can't test this, nor figure out how to proceed because for some reason the DK2 I have here refuses to work with the latest Oculus Rift runtime. It does work with version 0.8, but any newer version with Oculus Home does not recognize the device anymore. Problem is that the API between 0.8 and 1.X changed A LOT, so even though 0.8 is working, I can not do anything with it.

Hi Crosire

I remember having some of the same issues when I had my DK2 back in the days.. I had to remove all nVidia driver leftovers and everything, and do a clrean reinstall of the nVidia driver.. Could be what makes it not recognizable. Worth a shot!

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 7 months ago #25 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Regarding the Oculus Rift
Someone needs to send a CV1 :D

• crosire
More
7 years 7 months ago #26 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Regarding the Oculus Rift
So, reinstalled grahpics card drivers and updated to 1.7 Rift drivers again. I then could not even start the runtime anymore, as the runtime service crashes right on startup (the computer excels all system requirements, so that's not the issue). Reinstalled the drivers 2 more times and it finally started, but again, didn't detect the Rift. First time I plug it in, the checkboxes turn green for a splitsecond, but shortly after indicate that no device was connected again. Plugging in the sensor gives a warning that it wasn't connected to a USB 3.0 port, even though it was (tried every available USB 3.0 port). So yeah, still doesn't work.

I give up. Sorry. Oculus Rift support for ReShade is canceled until further notice. I might try it again at some point in the future, but for now I had enough trouble with it.

• adi518
More
7 years 7 months ago #27 by adi518 Replied by adi518 on topic Regarding the Oculus Rift
Crap. I hope you get motivated again, soon. :)

• DrKaii
More
7 years 6 months ago #28 by DrKaii Replied by DrKaii on topic Regarding the Oculus Rift

crosire wrote: So, reinstalled grahpics card drivers and updated to 1.7 Rift drivers again. I then could not even start the runtime anymore, as the runtime service crashes right on startup (the computer excels all system requirements, so that's not the issue). Reinstalled the drivers 2 more times and it finally started, but again, didn't detect the Rift. First time I plug it in, the checkboxes turn green for a splitsecond, but shortly after indicate that no device was connected again. Plugging in the sensor gives a warning that it wasn't connected to a USB 3.0 port, even though it was (tried every available USB 3.0 port). So yeah, still doesn't work.

I give up. Sorry. Oculus Rift support for ReShade is canceled until further notice. I might try it again at some point in the future, but for now I had enough trouble with it.

Hey, thanks for trying, we really appreciate it. To be honest, the CV1 doesn't need it as much as the debug tool really helps with the clarity. We are really grateful for ReShade in general, you are a legend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

• nieda113
More
7 years 5 months ago #29 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic Regarding the Oculus Rift
any news on implementing??? Reshade 3,0 is so cool.....but the rift , too
THX

• Hairy Primate
More
7 years 1 month ago #30 by Hairy Primate Replied by Hairy Primate on topic Regarding the Oculus Rift
Hi Crosire,

Sorry to read that Oculus Rift is a pain to work with.

My 2c - Reshade makes Elite Dangerous come alive, so was disappointed when I got VR and ..what the, where's Reshade got to? :blush:. Managed to work out that VR direct mode is different kettle of fish. If you get the urge again, I agree with the post that OSVR may be an easier nut to crack as the source code is readily available and OSVR already has a number of third party plugins. No pressure :whistle:

And, last but not least, big thanks for making Reshade available. --bestows demi-god status--.

• DrKaii
More
6 years 1 month ago #31 by DrKaii Replied by DrKaii on topic Regarding the Oculus Rift
Hi

Been a while since we heard anything. Is the CV1 implementation project now dead?

Dr. Kaii

• crosire
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #32 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Regarding the Oculus Rift
Yes. There is a working implementation for SteamVR that streams a split-screen game to the HMD though ("openvr" branch on GitHub), so you can use the SuperDepth3D shader to play any game in VR. But this is not for games that are already VR and doesn't work for them.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by crosire.

• keem85
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #33 by keem85 Replied by keem85 on topic Regarding the Oculus Rift
Hey ho :)

I haven't been visiting this thread for quite some time. I'm chiming in to say that ENB series for Skyrim VR also supports unmask sharpening and other tools that is also present in Reshade. ENB was released for Skyrim VR about a year ago, and after a while, I found a way of adding sharpening to it.

So question is, is it possible to see how ENB series are injecting itself in to Skyrim VR in order to make Reshade do the same? Just an idea :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.