D3D7 support

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #1 by aufkrawall D3D7 support was created by aufkrawall
Hello Crosire,
do you plan to support D3D7 as well?
I find the existing -> OGL wrappers rather unstable and to combine two wrappers at the same time is not unlikely to introduce further issues.
A D3D7 -> 9 ReShade wrapper would be a great thing, then one could also use high resolutions in games like Gothic 2.

Thanks!

Edit: Not sure if this is the right section. Feel free to move it correspondingly.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by aufkrawall.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic D3D7 support
And with Soul Reaver Legacy of Kain haha Would be lovely.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic D3D7 support
This is something I'm currently discussing with Lucifer, yes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aufkrawall, Wicked Sick, Omnipotus, Kumbandit

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic D3D7 support
Made me giggle.

• aufkrawall
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #5 by aufkrawall Replied by aufkrawall on topic D3D7 support
Cool! B)

Since I'm currently only with a 9600 GT (there was something about the 970 :whistle: ), I've also just had to find out that I can't use the OGL version since the card doesn't support OGL 4.3.
So more users with outdated hardware could use ReShade with old games. :)

• paxton676
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #6 by paxton676 Replied by paxton676 on topic D3D7 support
I wanted to say that I have several games that use ddraw(directx1-7) and would be very happy if Reshade one day supports it. :)

"Black & White" and "Shadow Man" are a couple games I would like to use shaders. Also, there are several Shoot 'em up(SHMUP) type games on steam that are using ddraw.

In my opinion, it is way beyond cool to add bloom lighting to games that never had it.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by paxton676.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim

• klotim
More
9 years 2 months ago #7 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic D3D7 support
I would love to use shaders for the black & white game too.
Such an fantastic game.

• Ganossa
More
9 years 2 months ago #8 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic D3D7 support
All those old games (especially Gothic 1&2) are also my motivation to work on this. I checked out quit a few attempts already. However, there are a few other things on the to-do-list for me :ohmy: so do not expect too early progress :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: paxton676, aufkrawall, Wicked Sick, Kumbandit

• Ederer
More
8 years 10 months ago #9 by Ederer Replied by Ederer on topic D3D7 support
i'd love to play "Starlancer" with reshade, i think it's using directx 7a...!

it has some really (!) ugly banding artifacts on all those graphic cards that aren't super old, and i hope these could be removed with some reshade filters...

so please don't forget the old games ;) , because many moden games already have effects like DOF, AO and Lensdirt anyway...

• bckpkol
More
8 years 7 months ago #10 by bckpkol Replied by bckpkol on topic D3D7 support
DDraw don't have native 3d support. Games do all work with animation and shading, DDraw only paints a three-colored triangle. DDraw don't store the mesh.
But, you can do 2d effects on DDraw as good in OpenGL. Just search for DXGL in Google.

• imsoenthused
More
8 years 7 months ago #11 by imsoenthused Replied by imsoenthused on topic D3D7 support
www.dege.freeweb.hu/
I've been using dgvoodoo 2 wrapper to use reshade on some older games, like sacrifice. Has been working great for me. It is an unauthorized dll file though, so it throws a false virus positive when you try to download the newest version. I, as a random person you don't know on the internet, assure you it is a false positive and the file is completely safe, but you'll have to decide for yourself. Anyway, it directdraw and directx 1-7 and outputs directx 11. Also wraps glide to directx 11 if that interests you. I've been getting a kick out of playing through the sacrifice campaign again with all kinds of fancy lighting effects.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ederer, Kumbandit

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #12 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic D3D7 support
How can you assure it's false positive? Do you have the source code? Did you run it in Sandboxie to see what it does besides what it's supposed to? Or did you just not notice any malicious things caused by it?
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Marty McFly.

• matsilagi
More
8 years 7 months ago #13 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic D3D7 support

Marty McFly wrote: How can you assure it's false positive? Do you have the source code? Did you run it in Sandboxie to see what it does besides what it's supposed to? Or did you just not notice any malicious things caused by it?

I can assure you its a false-positive.
AVG doesn't say nothing about it on my PC, and dgVoodoo is also my glide/D3D Wrapper of choice, there's lots of others, but dgVoodoo is waay much more customizable than them.
Oh, it also makes ReShade work with some Glide games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ederer

• Ederer
More
8 years 7 months ago #14 by Ederer Replied by Ederer on topic D3D7 support

Ederer wrote: i'd love to play "Starlancer" with reshade, i think it's using directx 7a...!
it has some really (!) ugly banding artifacts on all those graphic cards that aren't super old, and i hope these could be removed with some reshade filters...

imsoenthused wrote: www.dege.freeweb.hu/
I've been using dgvoodoo 2 wrapper to use reshade on some older games, like sacrifice. Has been working great for me. It is an unauthorized dll file though, so it throws a false virus positive when you try to download the newest version. I, as a random person you don't know on the internet, assure you it is a false positive and the file is completely safe, but you'll have to decide for yourself. Anyway, it directdraw and directx 1-7 and outputs directx 11. Also wraps glide to directx 11 if that interests you. I've been getting a kick out of playing through the sacrifice campaign again with all kinds of fancy lighting effects.

No way, it really works with Starlancer :woohoo: And it removes the ugly color-banding by itself, i don't even need the reshade debanding effect!
Honestly, i searched everywhere on the net, and many people were looking for a fix or sth. to remove the banding, and NOBODY had any solution... And here it is :)
Thanks for the link!
I hope, since it's wrapped to dx11, i can use reshade now as well. i didn't try it yet :)
Btw., no antivirus popup appeared. But i used the directx dlls inside the game folder; the glide dlls seem to be put inside the system folder, maybe that would be a "problem"...

• matsilagi
More
8 years 7 months ago #15 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic D3D7 support
They are only placed there so you don't need to keep setting up lots of configs and copying lots of dlls unless you want tidferent configs.

• imsoenthused
More
8 years 7 months ago #16 by imsoenthused Replied by imsoenthused on topic D3D7 support
As I said Marty, I'm just some guy you don't know on the internet. If you want to believe what I say, then I'll tell you that I am an IT professional with years of experience, including keeping thousands of computers running in a large government institution, and that I did in fact sandbox the dll to assure myself it wasn't doing anything hinky. I'd also say that I have used dege's wrappers for years at home, starting with running some of my favorite old glide games on the Kyro 2 card that I bought to replace my Voodoo 3, and I trust him, so when he makes comments like:

www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&p=42306...790714fc13d8#p423067

I believe him.

You, again, have to make decisions for yourself. It's either worth the risk for somebody, or it's not. If you want to be really safe, you don't listen to people you don't know on the internet and test the thing yourself. After all, that's what I did.
The following user(s) said Thank You: acknowledge

• acknowledge
More
8 years 3 days ago #17 by acknowledge Replied by acknowledge on topic D3D7 support
No further progress regarding D3D7 support now?

• crosire
More
8 years 3 days ago #18 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic D3D7 support
No need for it. There is www.dxgl.info/Main_Page .

• matsilagi
More
8 years 3 days ago - 8 years 3 days ago #19 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic D3D7 support
dgVoodoo also works for some games (Direct3D/DirectX7)
Last edit: 8 years 3 days ago by matsilagi.

• luluco250
More
8 years 1 day ago #20 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic D3D7 support
I actually helped add Harry Potter 2 to the compatibility list by using dgVoodoo plus dxgi.dll, it's a game that uses Direct3D/7.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.