External Assistant for use in non-game application

• phexitol
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #1 by phexitol External Assistant for use in non-game application was created by phexitol
I use Reshade with Poser Pro 2014 to enhance the realtime OpenGL viewport, but this isn't possible with 3.0, since hitting Shift+F2 does nothing in Poser (Reshade loads, but I can't change shaders without the menu). If/when there's time, could Mediator be updated to work with 3.0's shaders? Please :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic External Assistant for use in non-game application
Configure on a different game and reuse the config?

• phexitol
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #3 by phexitol Replied by phexitol on topic External Assistant for use in non-game application
Unfortunately, it's not that simple, as some effects work quite well, and some do not, and there is no game that has the same OpenGL shader subset to test with. It would be like playing Final Fantasy 7 in order to improve one's skills at F1 racing games. I guess I'll keep using 2.

As an alternate request, is it possible to have newer shaders work in version 2?
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by phexitol.

• Gar Stazi
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #4 by Gar Stazi Replied by Gar Stazi on topic External Assistant for use in non-game application
You can edit Reshade settings without the UI, just manually edit the preset.ini file, or configure the preset using another game, like Marty said
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Gar Stazi.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.