Remove "PC Master Race" mascot from the icon

• user
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #1 by user Remove "PC Master Race" mascot from the icon was created by user
Some people see "PCMR" as annoying and off-putting, please use original art instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aelius Maximus
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #2 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Remove "PC Master Race" mascot from the icon
Nah
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Aelius Maximus.

• crosire
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Remove "PC Master Race" mascot from the icon
I'm no artist. I used an icon that was provided to me by the community. And it kind of matches. But if you can do a better one, by all means, don't hesitate.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: user

• Mobeeuz
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #4 by Mobeeuz Replied by Mobeeuz on topic Remove "PC Master Race" mascot from the icon

user wrote: Some people see "PCMR" as annoying and off-putting, please use original art instead.

Personally, I see that as a plus. If something that trivial can set someone's mind boiling, where would they find the patience to use Reshade? It's its own warning label.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Mobeeuz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insomnia, aaronth07

• Insomnia
More
6 years 11 months ago #5 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic Remove "PC Master Race" mascot from the icon
If a simple icon can annoy you, you got bigger problems...

• Martigen
More
6 years 11 months ago #6 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Remove "PC Master Race" mascot from the icon
The only people who would find a PCMR icon annoying are console peasants...
The following user(s) said Thank You: brazzjazz

• user
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #7 by user Replied by user on topic Remove "PC Master Race" mascot from the icon
I don't mind the icon, I'm thinking about other people who consider PCMR as a "toxic" community. It doesn't give a professional first impression, ReShade isn't related to the Reddit's /r/pcmasterrace subreddit where the ideology originated from.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by user.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #8 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Remove "PC Master Race" mascot from the icon
No one complained before, so who cares...
Feel free to make a different icon though.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Marty McFly.

• Sunesha
More
6 years 11 months ago #9 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Remove "PC Master Race" mascot from the icon
To be honest, I never even reflected over this. Maybe because I am console peasant with a PC. Yes there is actually people like me.

I think icon is silly looking. But a new one is cool too. But if learnt something about how Internet communities work. There will be people disappointed when you change something =)

• brazzjazz
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #10 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic Remove "PC Master Race" mascot from the icon
I was actually delighted to see the PCMR logo being used! After all, ReShade is exactly what PCMR is about. Getting most out of gaming. Personalizing your experience. Working together. Some PCMR users may have crossed a line, but that happens in any community. Boycotting PCMR in general would amout to dumping the idea altogether, which would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I'm also using the PCMR logo and trying to be nice, so that people learn PCMR is not all bad. Some people just don't seem to get that PCMR is meant IRONICALLY and LIGHTHEARTEDLY, reacting with negativity that wasn't supposed to be there in the first place. In my opinion, a good way to react to things you dislike would be to make fun of them yourself. I've seen some funny parody cartoons and videos about PC gamers and have enjoyed them as well.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by brazzjazz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01, Insomnia

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.