Add GenericDepthPlugin

• Dwill0328
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #1 by Dwill0328 Add GenericDepthPlugin was created by Dwill0328
If i am ever playing a game where ambient occlusion does not work in reshade, what i do next is go to the GedoSato tool.

If ambient occlusion does not work in a game with reshade, then it will not work in GedoSato either. However gedosato has an option where you can use a generic depth plugin.

In gedosato tool the line is
pluginOverride GenericDepthPlugin

and like magic ambient occlusion works!

I was just wondering if anything like this is possible in reshade? because id much rather use reshade than have to go to gedosato tool.

Also gedosato tool also has these abilities
Vsync (very handy for games with finnicky vsyncs and sometimes it works where nvidia control panel doesnt)
Forceborderlessfullscreen
Forcefullscreen
limitfps

I think it would be cool if you could make reshade the ultimate graphic tool with all of these features.

And sometimes i imagine reshade having its own official professional version for sale (or free) on steam with the ability to sample peoples video settings directly through reshade's UI.

One can dream right?
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Dwill0328.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JBeckman
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #2 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Add GenericDepthPlugin
github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/blob/...ders/DisplayDepth.fx

That shader was added a while back and allows for viewing the depth buffer which you can then assign a hotkey for in ReShade's GUI to toggle on demand. :)

Some settings for the depth buffer might be needed in ReShade for certain games or game engines, logarithmic and inverted for example are popular in several newer games and for Unity engine ones there's a setting in ReShade for the depth buffer being upside down which is needed for correct depth display.

EDIT: Ah I'm being dumb, you mean a generic depth buffer as a sort of override for when ReShade can't properly hook the games actual depth for whatever reason, now I remember GeDoSaTo having something like that as a override for it's plugin system. :)
(Making depth instead of merely viewing.)
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by JBeckman.

• andrewbaay
More
5 years 8 months ago #3 by andrewbaay Replied by andrewbaay on topic Add GenericDepthPlugin
reviving this thread, is there a solution?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.