can you to include all shader with reshade

• maload
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #1 by maload can you to include all shader with reshade was created by maload
because i can download reshade setup all the time.
the problem begin with it need to download shader . sometime it fail and all process cant continue.
i think reshade is small file so i dont think its internet s speed problem .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 10 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic can you to include all shader with reshade
These are only example shaders and not meant to be part of ReShade, hence they're downloaded separately. Also every small change would require updating the installer, with the current system the github.com repository is cloned on the user pc along with every update.

• CmdrKeen
More
6 years 10 months ago #3 by CmdrKeen Replied by CmdrKeen on topic can you to include all shader with reshade

Marty McFly wrote: example shaders and not meant to be part of ReShade,

I think this is counter-intuitive to what your program wants to be. If you download RS3 without shaders, then there is no point.
Put together as many shaders and port over whatever is possible, and it's an awesome program to use.

I still continue to use 1.1 with Mediator as it has the largest selection currently.
I hope more thought will be put towards giving 3.0 versions the best shader selection, because RS3 with overlay should be the preferred way to tweak and work with shaders while in game.

• crosire
More
6 years 10 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic can you to include all shader with reshade
No. It's exactly what ReShade wants to be. "ReShade is an advanced, fully generic post-processing injector for games and video software". It is a tool. A tool that can be used to develop and apply post-processing shaders. It is not meant to be a shader suite (like SweetFX was). It's meant to be the tool (like InjectSMAA was for SweetFX). But since most people cannot write shaders themselves, a common repository is provided where those that can can share their shaders so they are easily accessible to everyone.
Version 1 and 2 of ReShade went into a direction I never had intended for ReShade and I finally got to correct those mistakes in 3. Now the changes to the structure may not be obvious or make sense to the normal user, but to the shader developer it is a huge advantage over the old versions.

• Insomnia
More
6 years 10 months ago #5 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic can you to include all shader with reshade
You only need to download the whole package once IMO. Store it some place safe and use the installer when you need to. The shader files could be stored in the same place as the installer. I have a dedicated ReShade folder on my ext HDD. :)
This way you don't need to download anything every single time you get a new game.

• CmdrKeen
More
6 years 10 months ago #6 by CmdrKeen Replied by CmdrKeen on topic can you to include all shader with reshade

crosire wrote: It is not meant to be a shader suite (like SweetFX was). It's meant to be the tool (like InjectSMAA was for SweetFX).

That's interesting and I see where you're going. But since its inception it's evolved into something many, many users and gamers will use. It bundled up all of SweetFX, CustomFX, McFX, GemFX ++ into one suite of complementary shaders. All together for someone to mess around with and put in their game.

Version 1 and 2 of ReShade went into a direction I never had intended for ReShade

How did you envision it?

and I finally got to correct those mistakes in 3. Now the changes to the structure may not be obvious or make sense to the normal user, but to the shader developer it is a huge advantage over the old versions.

Yes, I don't directly see this but it's good the structure can be more easily worked around. In this way, more shaders and types can be implemented.
Well, that's all. I do like that you include the optional set of shaders to complement the tool, though think some focus should be put on having a more "full" set included. As it is I've relied on downloading separate fan shaders and ports to "build up" RS3's capabilities. If this isn't where you're going, and you are mainly updating the tool to assist in the basis of shader-creation, then that is how it is. But the tool is incredibly powerful and to me this would be the reason so many download to try it - for the shaders that are included in the package, for what they can do.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 10 months ago #7 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic can you to include all shader with reshade
The shaders are included, kind of, because they're just one click away in the installation process. Moving them directly to the installer is counter intuitive. Various programs nowadays feature a web installer that grabs the newest version when installing (Chrome, Java for example). The old framework had slow updates because we accumulated a lot of commits before pushing an update. With the current system the shaders can be updated whenever you wish. I fix a bug with MXAO and you can have it 2 minutes later, if you want.

• tubik
More
6 years 8 months ago #8 by tubik Replied by tubik on topic can you to include all shader with reshade
I think it would be great if we could use locally stored shaders instead of downloading them every time - for example if you placed reshade-shaders-master.zip near the ReShade setup it would use that instead of the GitHub repository.

Or is something similar already possible?

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 8 months ago #9 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic can you to include all shader with reshade
Put the shader files in some folder of your choosing and add the path to the appropriate box in the ReShade ui.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.