Add some way to force a mouse cursor?

• Dwill0328
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #1 by Dwill0328 Add some way to force a mouse cursor? was created by Dwill0328
So far there have been three games (saints row 2, medal of honor pacific assault, and i forget the third but it was a while ago) that i cannot use reshade in because there is no mouse cursor to change reshades options.

However in these games when you press shift+F2 the mouse cursor gets glued to the center of the screen and you can not do anything with reshade. I have tried running these games in windowed mode but the issue persists. MOH:PA has a mouse cursor in-game but it does not move reshades mouse cursor. I know some games you need to press esc and open a menu to get the mouse cursor to work but not with these games unfortunately.

I dont even know how to begin suggest fixing this. Is there any way you can give reshade some sort of standalone mouse cursor? Or maybe some forced mouse cursor mode?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sapience_junkie
More
6 years 10 months ago #2 by sapience_junkie Replied by sapience_junkie on topic Add some way to force a mouse cursor?
Also happening with Need for Speed 2 SE. :blush: Trying to install reshade version 2.x since version 3.0 is having a lot of issues with OpenGL and, Glide and OpenGL are similar if I've heard right.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 10 months ago #3 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Add some way to force a mouse cursor?
Happens in Witcher 3 as well when Nvidia Ansel Overlay is open. That one is particularly bad.

• crosire
More
6 years 10 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Add some way to force a mouse cursor?
This has nothing to do with graphics APIs. What's happening is that many games lock the mouse cursor to the center of the screen to calculate the delta mouse movement from it. ReShade already has some workaround code to disable this for some ways it can be achieved (which works in a lot of games, else you wouldn't be able to move the mouse in pretty much every game). Apparently there are more ways to do this that ReShade doesn't handle yet though.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.