Shader activation on ingame depth

• RogueFactor
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #1 by RogueFactor Shader activation on ingame depth was created by RogueFactor
I apologize if this has already been covered, I didn't see it and I'm super curious. :cheer:

So, when making some shaders a thought came into my head because I had a nice effect ingame, but it was affecting the map and the menu.

Shader1 = Ingame World
Shader2 = Map/Menus

By using depthvalues that return either as 0 or a number less than a threshold value we could have shaders that dynamically switch for menus without manually having to do so. Would be great for some older games that have 2D textures for menus/maps.

Is there any way at all for me to make a call and get the return value of the depth of the current scene and switch the preset based on that? It'd be even more awesome if I could based on X/Y screen positions. :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.