four quality of life improvements for the overlay

• LasseB
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #1 by LasseB four quality of life improvements for the overlay was created by LasseB
I very much like ReShade and the many effects that you and the many volunteers have developed for it. Thanks to everybody for your dedication! There is however room for a couple quality of life improvements.
  • add descriptions for every shader when clicking its name, what it does in general and what each setting does specifically
    • Some shaders are easy to figure out by their name alone while others have me searching the forums. I think it would improve usability a great deal if there were descriptions for all shaders in the overlay.

• add a button next to each shader's name to restore its settings to default values
    • When experimenting with shader settings for a while, I can't remember what the default values were. How can I reset shaders to their default settings? A button next to each shader entry that allowed people to reset it to default values would go a long way.

• when clicking a shader name in the upper area of the overlay, open that shader's settings in the lower area of the overlay
    • When wanting to try different shaders or shader combinations with varying settings, I have to scroll a lot to get to each individual shader's settings. Instead, when clicking a shader's name the overlay should jump straight to the settings for that shader.

• when closing the overlay menu, reactivate the application out of which the overlay was started
    • I found that when closing the ReShade overlay, the game window remains inactive and won't become active even when clicking on it. I first have to open another window (any window) and go back to my game before it accepts my input again.

Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by LasseB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.