Special notes for older games

• PureEvilWindom
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #1 by PureEvilWindom Special notes for older games was created by PureEvilWindom
not shader related but can you please add special note that we can add text on it freely ? so everytime player press shift+f2 to change shader they can also read about guides, walkthrough, combo attack, special moves or hidden mechanic that some older games or mods didnt tell you how.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
5 years 11 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Special notes for older games
Write your own shader that does that and bind it to same hot key as UI? Various ENB presets for Skyrim do that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PureEvilWindom

• PureEvilWindom
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #3 by PureEvilWindom Replied by PureEvilWindom on topic Special notes for older games
my game only support 0.075 below so i dont know if its possible but gonna try it anyway, thank you.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by PureEvilWindom.

• Marty McFly
More
5 years 11 months ago #4 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Special notes for older games
That's not what I meant. You can write such a shader for ReShade as well, my example was merely that ENB presets also employ such shaders quite often.

• PureEvilWindom
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #5 by PureEvilWindom Replied by PureEvilWindom on topic Special notes for older games
not programmer sadly so i dont know how.

• klotim
More
5 years 11 months ago #6 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Special notes for older games

Marty McFly wrote: That's not what I meant. You can write such a shader for ReShade as well, my example was merely that ENB presets also employ such shaders quite often.

I think the suggestion area is for people that dont code? I mean why would they have to suggest things if they already know how to code?

• Marty McFly
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #7 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Special notes for older games
We have suggestion topic for both ReShade (for features to add to ReShade) and for ReShade shaders (for new shaders with certain features). I was merely suggesting that it's possible to do this per shader instead of ReShade itself.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Marty McFly.

• TreyM
More
5 years 11 months ago #8 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Special notes for older games

klotim wrote:

Marty McFly wrote: That's not what I meant. You can write such a shader for ReShade as well, my example was merely that ENB presets also employ such shaders quite often.

I think the suggestion area is for people that dont code? I mean why would they have to suggest things if they already know how to code?

You're in the "Application" suggestions forum, not the "Shaders & Effects" suggestions forum. With that said, I'm not sure if you intended it, but your comment came off pretty snarky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Androll

• crosire
More
5 years 11 months ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Special notes for older games
There is "ui_tooltip" to annotate variables with additional comments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PureEvilWindom

• PureEvilWindom
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #10 by PureEvilWindom Replied by PureEvilWindom on topic Special notes for older games

crosire wrote: There is "ui_tooltip" to annotate variables with additional comments.

should i write it on d3d9.ini ? or somewhere else ?

• crosire
More
5 years 11 months ago #11 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Special notes for older games
It's for shader developers to annotate their config variables and done by editing the shader files (see the ReShade FX specification).
There are no plans to allow presets to show additional text in the UI.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.