Achromatopsia Features?

• Romans96
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #1 by Romans96 Achromatopsia Features? was created by Romans96
Hello! I'm an Achromate player (achromatopsia, TOTAL color deficiency), and i known this software for games that does not support achromate (all). But i see thhat there is only the Daltonize (colorblind) effects. SO my question is: there is an effect also fro achromate? They will insert it in a future?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Achromatopsia Features?
I've spent some time on research how to help colorblind users. From my understanding, daltonize shifts the colors the person can't see into the spectrum the user can see. Now I'm unsure how this approach could help you as you only see brightness differences.
I'm very unfamiliar with your condition, how could we help you? Is there some kind of reference?

What I've found out on Google is that people with achromatopsia use red tinted glasses due to their light sensitivity. You could simulate this by using a tint shader. Monochrome shader let's you convert colors to grayscale and control how colors contribute to brightness (you could make blue areas very dark, red areas very bright etc).
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Qsimil

• Romans96
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #3 by Romans96 Replied by Romans96 on topic Achromatopsia Features?

Marty McFly wrote: I've spent some time on research how to help colorblind users. From my understanding, daltonize shifts the colors the person can't see into the spectrum the user can see. Now I'm unsure how this approach could help you as you only see brightness differences.
I'm very unfamiliar with your condition, how could we help you? Is there some kind of reference?

What I've found out on Google is that people with achromatopsia use red tinted glasses due to their light sensitivity. You could simulate this by using a tint shader. Monochrome shader let's you convert colors to grayscale and control how colors contribute to brightness (you could make blue areas very dark, red areas very bright etc).

it's very difficult to explain how i see because i can't recognize the color, but simply, i can't see enemies because the skin highlight, skin color, marker have less contrast with the maps color.
For exemple, years ago i played team fortress 2 for years. after some research i found that i can modify all the skins locally and i make all blue team with white skins and all red team with black skin, and i played better.

The monochromatic setting where is in reshaded? Which is the color of the champions? How can i do that? Red areas and blue areas?
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Romans96.

• Marty McFly
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #4 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Achromatopsia Features?
github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/blob/...haders/Monochrome.fx

Allows you to weight red green and blue for specific brightnesses.

I could write you a shader that lets you adjust the brightness for red, orange, yellow, green, blue and so on. That way you can make everything that's orange black and everything that's red white. It then depends on the game though if it's usable or not.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Marty McFly.

• Romans96
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #5 by Romans96 Replied by Romans96 on topic Achromatopsia Features?

Marty McFly wrote: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/blob/...haders/Monochrome.fx

I could write you a shader that lets you adjust the brightness for red, orange, yellow, green, blue and so on. That way you can make everything that's orange black and everything that's red white. It then depends on the game though if it's usable or not.

I can try, i would use this for 2 games in particular Quake Champions and Fortnite. I already saw that file but i don't know how to modify and which i should modify for help me better. I tried for exemple to set ui_max on 0.7, because, after tryng in quake, for exemple setting the color in grey, in some maps the lights are too much strong and it's so annoying. I'm so sorry for disturb but my problem it's so difficult to solve or to arrive a pseudo-solution, and for now reshade it's the near thing that i found for now to reach a pseudo-solution :(

• Romans96
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #6 by Romans96 Replied by Romans96 on topic Achromatopsia Features?

Marty McFly wrote: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/blob/...haders/Monochrome.fx

you can't help me so?

• Marty McFly
More
5 years 11 months ago #7 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Achromatopsia Features?
Ah yes, I forgot about it, my bad.

pastebin.com/kEDMF6Kp

Save as whatever name you see fit, with .fx ending. It will output a greyscaled version of the image (like you probably see it anyways) where you can control the brightnesses of red, orange, yellow etc separately. If you need more fine-tuned controls for colors in between, do let me know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, klotim, Qsimil

• Wicked Sick
More
5 years 10 months ago #8 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Achromatopsia Features?
Your work initiative was amazing, man. Wish I could see his reply...

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.