Active Effects at Top?

• NewYears1978
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #1 by NewYears1978 Active Effects at Top? was created by NewYears1978
One update at some point, all active (checked) effects would move to the top of the list..this no longer happens. Not only that but they are not in alphabetical order on the top.

Makes finding what I need very hard..anyway to fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 9 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Active Effects at Top?
You can move around effects and change the order to your own liking via drag'n'drop.

• NewYears1978
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #3 by NewYears1978 Replied by NewYears1978 on topic Active Effects at Top?
That's cool, is there a faster way? They used to be in alphabetical order..maybe they're in that order in my ini file (since it was a downloaded one)?

What about effects that are active being at top? Without having to reorder them when I use new effects? It used to do that automatically or am I crazy?
Thanks for your replies! Been an avid Reshade user for as long as I can remember. Makes games so much better.

• crosire
More
5 years 9 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Active Effects at Top?
They are in alphabetical order by default unless the order was changed manually. So yeah, that's your preset.
And yes, active ones used to be at the top, but then I got a lot of requests to instead save the effect order including disabled effects, so now that's what ReShade does.
See "TechniqueSorting" in the preset file.

• Tojkar
More
5 years 9 months ago #5 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic Active Effects at Top?

crosire wrote: They are in alphabetical order by default unless the order was changed manually. So yeah, that's your preset.
And yes, active ones used to be at the top, but then I got a lot of requests to instead save the effect order including disabled effects, so now that's what ReShade does.

I still haven't seen any kind of comment to the requests to have a button which sorts the active effects to the top. That would save a ton of time and sanity every time when creating new config.

• Martigen
More
5 years 9 months ago #6 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Active Effects at Top?

Tojkar wrote:

crosire wrote: They are in alphabetical order by default unless the order was changed manually. So yeah, that's your preset.

I still haven't seen any kind of comment to the requests to have a button which sorts the active effects to the top. That would save a ton of time and sanity every time when creating new config.

^^^ This. I don't know about those request to not move enabled effects to the top, I'm the opposite, I like the old behavior. As above it's a PITA every time you make a new present currently, specially when you have 70-odd shaders in the shared shader directory :)

• crosire
More
5 years 8 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Active Effects at Top?
Added a button to move all active effects to the top: github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/b8cef7...e9764c37992bda6ef278 .
The following user(s) said Thank You: TreyM, Tojkar, Max

• Martigen
More
5 years 8 months ago #8 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Active Effects at Top?

crosire wrote: Added a button to move all active effects to the top: github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/b8cef7...e9764c37992bda6ef278 .

I love you Crosire!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.