Monitor the variables on specific memory address

• dr777
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #1 by dr777 Monitor the variables on specific memory address was created by dr777
Hello Everyone.

I have an idea, that could make the shaders more interactive and closely connected to the game process.
Is it possible to develop the memory hook, that will allow to monitor the game variables using the specific memory addresses (that can be found using Cheat engine) and pass this values to some global reshade variables that will be used by effects?.

I guess that this feature is might be very important since it allows to implement a lot of different effects like:
- The color balance of the image depends on the health of the in-game hero.
- The contrast of the image can be changed dynamically (depends on the moving speed of the camera)
- The color balance of the game world or the color of the fog can be changed basing on the XY coord. of the camera etc.

Hope, my explanation is clear.
What do you think, guys, about that?
Is it a good idea?
Marty, is it possible to implement such feature in the future?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MaxG3D
More
5 years 8 months ago #2 by MaxG3D Replied by MaxG3D on topic Monitor the variables on specific memory address
I feel like it would be too cheating exploitable.

• crosire
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Monitor the variables on specific memory address
Not to mention hard because of ASLR (adress-space layout randomization). Could only really do memory pattern matching and that would require scanning a large potion of the game memory, which I doubt anti-cheat software would appreciate. And the network check ReShade has to disable some features in multiplayer is not foolproof enough for this sort of thing, which is a million times more exploitable than just reading depth data.
So yeah, this is a bit too dangerous and out of scope for ReShade. Sorry.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by crosire.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.