Draggable combo type for int uniform

• Daodan
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #1 by Daodan Draggable combo type for int uniform was created by Daodan
It would be nice to have a uniform type that takes a list of items and lets the user just drag through them - instead of tediously clicking through the list of a combo type uniform.
I don't know if that is possible, but having the combo type support dragging and picking from the list at the same time would be good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OtisInf
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #2 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic Draggable combo type for int uniform
Or maybe [+][-] buttons next to it (variants: [<] [>] or [v][^])? (which is a bit more complex than you think, considering you need to disable one if the end of the selections are reached (or wrap around?) I don't recall ImGui having a draggable combo control...
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by OtisInf.

• Marty McFly
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #3 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Draggable combo type for int uniform
On Windows, mouse scroll cycles through the options of last selected drop down menu, maybe link this behavior to mouse hover over?
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Marty McFly.

• Daodan
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #4 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Draggable combo type for int uniform

OtisInf wrote: Or maybe [+][-] buttons next to it (variants: [<] [>] or [v][^])? (which is a bit more complex than you think, considering you need to disable one if the end of the selections are reached (or wrap around?) I don't recall ImGui having a draggable combo control...

I've never worked with ImGui, so I don't know what can and cannot be done with it. My basic idea with this suggestion is that you can cycle back and forth through the items without having to 'reposition' the cursor. That might sound really nitpicky but I think it would greatly increase the user experience.

Marty McFly wrote: On Windows, mouse scroll cycles through the options of last selected drop down menu, maybe link this behavior to mouse hover over?

Mouse scrolling is also a good idea. But that would then interfere with global scrolling I guess?
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Daodan.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.