UI_Spacer (blankspace for visual UI organization)

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #1 by TreyM UI_Spacer (blankspace for visual UI organization) was created by TreyM
Just a simple proposal. It doesn't even have to be an integer or anything like shown below (that's just how I do it on ENB)
uniform int spacer1 < ui_type = "blank"; > =  0.0;

In theory, you wouldn't even need to specify min/max values. (Maybe not even a default value?) As long the int is set to "ui_type" blank, you would just render it as a blank spacer on the UI with nothing to tweak and no label.

If you added this, I could just update my macros to do something like:
UI_SPACER(1)
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by TreyM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic UI_Spacer (blankspace for visual UI organization)
I'd rather want to avoid adding dummy variables that don't do anything, since they'll just bloat constant buffer memory for no real reason. But I could add something to specify spacing on existing variables, so that space is inserted right before or after them. Maybe something like the following?:
uniform float foobar < ui_type = "slider"; ui_spacing = "before"; > = 0;
The following user(s) said Thank You: TreyM

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #3 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic UI_Spacer (blankspace for visual UI organization)
That's a fantastic idea and is much better than making a dummy variable.

• crosire
More
4 years 9 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic UI_Spacer (blankspace for visual UI organization)
This is implemented now with a "ui_spacing" annotation which specifies how many lines of space to add before the variable widget.
uniform float foobar < ui_type = "slider"; ui_spacing = 2; > = 0;
This would add 2 lines of space for example.

• seri14
More
4 years 9 months ago #5 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic UI_Spacer (blankspace for visual UI organization)
I think good to implement the same spacing rules for all effects.

Example:
* Redesign category style.
* Add the option "More spacing" it does add space to some common GUI process where Shader Developers wanted to add spacing.

or add option "Disable UI spacing"

• crosire
More
4 years 9 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic UI_Spacer (blankspace for visual UI organization)
A "Disable UI spacing" option sounds the most feasible.

• seri14
More
4 years 9 months ago #7 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic UI_Spacer (blankspace for visual UI organization)
In personal impression, the real reason is not to add space but to grouping clearify each other variables.
It can make done by use ui_category annotation, but I guess who felt it have some problems about the displaying.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.