Waifu2x SuperResolution?!

• lukonja
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #1 by lukonja Waifu2x SuperResolution?! was created by lukonja
Is it possible to implement this into reshade? Its currently I think implemented into Dolphin Emulator.

What is Waifu2x: " Super-Resolution for Anime-Style Art using Deep Convolutional Neural Networks"
Source code:
github.com/nagadomi/waifu2x

Wiki:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_scaling

Youtube example (Not Mine):

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Spellshade
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #2 by Spellshade Replied by Spellshade on topic Waifu2x SuperResolution?!
No, as the waifu2x algorithm is for still images (the textures in games) and would be significantly too slow for a moving scene - even on a high end system, multiple frames of gametime would pass before Waifu2x could finish drawing a single actual frame. It works based on learning the patterns in the still image and deconstructing them so it can effectively draw them the same at a larger size.

What Dolphin supports is texture packs, which can be made with Waifu2x

• lukonja
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #3 by lukonja Replied by lukonja on topic Waifu2x SuperResolution?!

Spellshade wrote: No, as the waifu2x algorithm is for still images (the textures in games) and would be significantly too slow for a moving scene - even on a high end system, multiple frames of gametime would pass before Waifu2x could finish drawing a single actual frame. It works based on learning the patterns in the still image and deconstructing them so it can effectively draw them the same at a larger size.

What Dolphin supports is texture packs, which can be made with Waifu2x

Hey. sorry for late response. Ty for explaining this, I was hoping it can do it in realtime. Maybe in 30 years :cheer:

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.