No reinitializing at loading screens

• Sassy
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by Sassy No reinitializing at loading screens was created by Sassy
Is it possible to somehow force ReShade shaders to stay initialized even if a game is loading a new map/save/anything?
Specially in a "loading heavy" game it's slowing things down quite a bit (with lot's of fancy stuff active :silly: ).
Maybe a loading-screen detection? :blink:
Also v0.18.1 feels way faster than v0.18.0 (framework) not sure what you did but great job. :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic No reinitializing at loading screens
I would love to, but I guess your game forces a device reset when loading new stuff, which in turn means all resources need be recreated (including shaders), so ReShade has to reinitialize.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #3 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic No reinitializing at loading screens
I am not sure about that specific issue but in GEMFX injector I actually skip re-initialization for anything that is not changing the shader relevant device context (e.g. actual change in resolution). You can check those values for each potential initalization to see if anything would actually change.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Ganossa.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic No reinitializing at loading screens
I do that already. But still, if a D3D9 device reset is requested, there is not much you can do.

• Sassy
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by Sassy Replied by Sassy on topic No reinitializing at loading screens
Bummer :(
In this case there are complete static image loading screens which take like 5 seconds (average) and Reshade (with lots of fance shaders :woohoo: ) increases them to 10+ seconds. Of course this doesn't sound like alot but you get ALOT of loading screens in this specific game - so it adds up.
The other day i saw a request about a reinitialization delay - maybe that would bypass this issue?

d3d9 device requests reset for loading screen -> reshade waits...
d3d9 device requests another reset for the actual next instance - > reshade waits...
map fully loaded -> reshade starts reinit.

Something like that?
ReShade can't check for "GameLoadCompletion=100%" to avoid being init. while the game is stressing the PC, can it? :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.