Category's for standard shader's

• Faustus86
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1 by Faustus86 Category's for standard shader's was created by Faustus86
This might be very useful as support of HD drive owner's to reduce loading times as well as faster workflow.
There are different shader type's but not all of them are useful for everyone.
All preset's need options for color grading, toning, saturation etc. wich i would list as essential. but then there are so many shader's like DOF, Bloom or effect shader's like cartoon, VHS etc. and other Shaders that might be very useful for VR users as well as many new one's are not included at all. Some are very useful for 2D games, other's need depth access to work. Then again there are many cool shader's that are still experimental.

It would be nice to sort all of them in category's so when installing ReShade you can choose the category and then again maybe have an option to check/uncheck from a list wich one's you actually need (For the more experienced user's).

The idea is to have a similar function like "Workspace" in Photoshop where you can setup wich features you need right now.

I think the best way to go with this is to have a main installer for ReShade that download's all available shader's into the main root and a secondary injector where you can setup wich shaders/categorys are loaded. I know you can setup Reshade this way without addition's. I mean by standard.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Faustus86.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Category's for standard shader's
This would result in an "Others" section containing 60 percent of the shaders and many shaders can be sorted into multiple categories. The loading times can be migitated by deleting all shaders you don't need, also ReShade allows multiple input folders, so feel free to organize the shaders on your end as you see fit.

What I would support is a hint that a shader requires depth, maybe per #pragma
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Marty McFly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.