Ability to enable new texture mapping in games

• Kleio420
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by Kleio420 Ability to enable new texture mapping in games was created by Kleio420
If we had access to make new texture maps for games being apply to apply those new maps the game didnt original support say something like bump mapping in kotor 1 and kotor 2 , or even reflection maps that could be controlled by a shader within reshade.I would love to be able to enable say a folder location with custom bump maps made for kotor series and really boost how the game looks. In my opinion this is a great step for older games with limited graphic functions and is a better solution then a outright engine port which is in progress with kotor to ue4 i do believe fan project btw. If this would be possible or not what would make enabling this easier to do and perform better if possible

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bckpkol
More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by bckpkol Replied by bckpkol on topic Ability to enable new texture mapping in games
Yes, it would be good to dump and replace the textures with ReShade like some Glide wrappers and Dolphin Emulator do.
There is a texture scaler plugin for Gimp - Resynthesizer. It can easily upscale the 64x64 texture to 256x256, and, if you repeat, to 1024x1024.
It also would be good to write a shader that will convert diffuse maps to tangent normal maps. This is the example of shader of that kind which I done for Cycles.
[IMG

• bckpkol
More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by bckpkol Replied by bckpkol on topic Ability to enable new texture mapping in games

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 7 months ago #4 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic Ability to enable new texture mapping in games
I suppose that kind of modding will require engine hack for each game requested.

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Ability to enable new texture mapping in games
Moreover it would definitely get ReShade banned from multiplayer games.

• logout20
More
8 years 7 months ago #6 by logout20 Replied by logout20 on topic Ability to enable new texture mapping in games
what about single player...also it will be able to mod old ps1,ps2 games....also i play multiplayer and i got banned even for using sweetfx...

• Wicked Sick
More
8 years 6 months ago #7 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Ability to enable new texture mapping in games
Which game got you banned from using SweetFX?

• Kleio420
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #8 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Ability to enable new texture mapping in games

crosire wrote: Moreover it would definitely get ReShade banned from multiplayer games.

and thus we now know why enb creator only mods and works on things he wants to , when someone has a suggestion there is the off chance that could be used in a negative way for online games but when a feature to help extended onto a bad game engine has the chance to allow "bad texture" modding for online games it becomes moreover definitely get reshade banned from online games such view on a project like this to just keep throwing shaders into a "framework" that actually in most cases hurt the original intended feel of a game but who am i kidding we need more saturation and color accuracy where all color correction is destroyed in the process and texture so sharp that aliasing occurs and color artifacting starts up.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #9 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Ability to enable new texture mapping in games
There is already no limit what shader we can write using the depth buffer. The limitation is only applied to the specific applications which does absolutely not rule out that the written shader can still be used in all the other apps.
We have to ask ourself though how well texture swapping could work in such a generic way.
True, all static color correction can ultimately be covered by one LUT but to get there we have various algorithms that differ in their results and need to be applied to create the necessary input which is needed for the LUT shader.
For everyone who does not own photoshop or similar those algorithms can be chosen and applied through ReShade.
Everything else is a matter of taste which is why we provide free variables for each individual shader and not only the hard coded version of our own "bad" taste ;)
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Ganossa.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.