Doom III BFG Edition HD Mod - Weird Stuff

• Tegarchoff
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by Tegarchoff Doom III BFG Edition HD Mod - Weird Stuff was created by Tegarchoff
Hi there. I've been using SweetFX for sometime (I believe since 1.4), really nice stuff to customize visuals according to your tastes. Now it seems to support OGL as well, so I was eager to try in Doom III BFG Edition, with a mod I got some time ago.

Thing is, it does something weird. If I run Doom III BFG without the mod, it works like a charm. But running the mod, it works in the menu (it seems it works in 2D) but when you actually load a map, it stops working. It does not crash; it freezes the first thing you see and stays there. The image doesn't refresh, it's stuck. Sound and all goes on normally, but not the image. When I turn it off with scroll-lock, it works normally (without the sweetfx effects of course). Turn it on again and it displays that first image. As I said, weird :/

I'm using the last download on this page (reshade framework 1.0 + sweetfx 2.0):

reshade.me/

And the mod is this one:

www.moddb.com/mods/doom-3-bfg-hi-def

The effects get applied in the main menu, or in 2D mode, but not when a map loads. Do you need a log attached? I can't find a button to load an attachment :/

Thanks in advance! And forgive my english, it's not my mother language :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• matsilagi
More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Doom III BFG Edition HD Mod - Weird Stuff
I remember that running with the Double Barrel + Grabber mod it worked.
Also, as soon as the game starts, disable ReShade, then enable again on normal gameplay and see if it works, imma check what command the mod uses so i can help you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tegarchoff

• Tegarchoff
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by Tegarchoff Replied by Tegarchoff on topic Doom III BFG Edition HD Mod - Weird Stuff
Thank you for your answer. Apparently, the mod runs in it's own engine, it has a different .exe than the BFG Edition. It does not contain command parameters, the shortcut targets the .exe and nothing else. I don't think it's a different engine though, more like the original .exe modified to run with some extras (soft shadows, etc.). It does use Doom 3 BFG's assets.

This is a description of the .exe (RBDoom3BFG.exe):

github.com/RobertBeckebans/RBDOOM-3-BFG

Yes, Reshade works like a charm with the original .exe of the BFG Edition. It's just that new .exe that's a bit problematic :P

Is there a way to start with Reshade disabled? It'd be worth a shot to try starting the program with sweetfx disabled and then turn it on after a stage has been loaded.

Thanks.

• klotim
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #4 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Doom III BFG Edition HD Mod - Weird Stuff

Tegarchoff wrote: Is there a way to start with Reshade disabled? It'd be worth a shot to try starting the program with sweetfx disabled and then turn it on after a stage has been loaded.
Thanks.

common.cfg
#define RFX_Start_Enabled change from 1 to 0
Look around the files and you will find it...
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by klotim.

• Tegarchoff
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #5 by Tegarchoff Replied by Tegarchoff on topic Doom III BFG Edition HD Mod - Weird Stuff
Thanks, I found the entry and edited it. It did start with the effects disabled, but as soon as I toggle SweetFX on, the screen turned black. Really really strage. The sound and the game went on normally, I could walk around and hear the sounds. If I turn SweetFX off again, the image became normal.

Really weird, considering the same works flawlessly with Doom 3 BFG Edition's executable. I've tried disabling the RTSS overlay. Also Steam Overlay. It has me puzzled.

I forgot to mention my hardware, I'm on a GTX 770, I hope it helps.

• crosire
More
8 years 7 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Doom III BFG Edition HD Mod - Weird Stuff
Are the latest NVIDIA drivers installed?

• Tegarchoff
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #7 by Tegarchoff Replied by Tegarchoff on topic Doom III BFG Edition HD Mod - Weird Stuff
Sir, sorry for the delay and thanks for your answer. I was in 353.06, but I went to 355.82 to check the issue. Unfortunately, problem is still there.

Do you need a log? I could provide one, using [spoilers], right?

• klotim
More
8 years 7 months ago #8 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Doom III BFG Edition HD Mod - Weird Stuff

Tegarchoff wrote: Sir, sorry for the delay and thanks for your answer. I was in 353.06, but I went to 355.82 to check the issue. Unfortunately, problem is still there.

Do you need a log? I could provide one, using [spoilers], right?

Did you toogle the depth buffer?
try to disable the: show depth buffer
I think doom bfgs depth buffer is completely black.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.