New to Reshade Mediator

• Bluto60
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by Bluto60 New to Reshade Mediator was created by Bluto60
Evening,
I am new to ReShade and hope I am in the correct place. I downloaded the latest 1.0 and followed the many tutorials but am a bit confused. I added Microsoft FSX through the Mediator tool and when I go back to select I get "Loading application profile failed due to the following error. Illegal characters in path" is this normal? Also need additional instruction on the presets, I downloaded some for FSX but unable to locate them through the Mediator..

Thanks for any assistance,
Bluto60

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic New to Reshade Mediator
To you first question/problem:
We are aware of some remaining problems with application names ( reshade.me/forum/releases/989-1-00?start=84#9146 ). Special characters have to be filtered cause they are not allowed as folder names which is generated for new game profiles.
It would be helpful to know which name gets recognized in your case: what is the profile name in the drop down list after you clicked add and selected the .exe file?

To your second question:
Within the mediator (currently) only presets that have been created by the mediator can be automatically identified. It depends on the upload of the user whether they become visible. For any other configuration you like to import, please use the following tool :)
reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/114...to-reshade-1-0-later

• Bluto60
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by Bluto60 Replied by Bluto60 on topic New to Reshade Mediator
Thanks for your quick response,
It is Microsoft (R) Flight Si is all I can see when I add it. Now I hit the drop down and its now Microsoft? Flight Si

I did download the Transformation Module and was looking for some detail. I do to preset page and download a preset from Flight Simulator X and copy it to a folder on my PC. Launch the transformation Module and am not sure what to do from there when I select input and go to the location I saved the preset I can't see it and the not sure what to select as the output file? Appreciate your assistance LuciferHawk I have been working on learning this the last couple of days

Bluto60

• Ganossa
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #4 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic New to Reshade Mediator
Its the (R) then which is the problem, similar to the (TM) that another user had. I will fix it for the next release. Thanks.

Currently the configuration file names for input are very restricted. Whats the file name you want to import? You might need to rename it to SweetFX_settings.txt (if it is originated from a SweetFX_preset) or MasterEffect.h (if it is originated from MasterEffect).

Output files will be in your ReShade 1.0 download/preset. Depending on your input file it will filter the correct <output>.cfg files. (for the current configuration those are in /ReShade/ folder)
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Ganossa.

• Bluto60
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #5 by Bluto60 Replied by Bluto60 on topic New to Reshade Mediator
I will be looking forward to the next release Thank you.
The preset is SweetFX_Settings_Flight Simulator X_Sublime Environment Xtreme.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.