Mediator crawls for the wrong games when added

• kgonepostl
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by kgonepostl Mediator crawls for the wrong games when added was created by kgonepostl
I like the idea of crawling for presets on thelazy.net using mediator, but mediator crawls and finds the wrong games. It's been 2 months since the release of 1.0. Is this ever going to be fixed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Mediator crawls for the wrong games when added
Its fixed since...

"Delay is the deadliest form of denial" :whistle:

• kgonepostl
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #3 by kgonepostl Replied by kgonepostl on topic Mediator crawls for the wrong games when added

LuciferHawk wrote: Its fixed since...

"Delay is the deadliest form of denial" :whistle:

No, I'm afraid it's still broken. I downloaded reshade 1.0, used the mediator tool, added titanfall to mediator and grand theft auto V pops up instead. Added other games and it still doesn't work right.

Proof:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by kgonepostl.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #4 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Mediator crawls for the wrong games when added
Presets are global, they are not filtered by application but compatibility, so you will also find presets from other applications(/games).

(I first thought you meant the display bug of meta data of a preset such as author and application name)
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Ganossa.

• kgonepostl
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #5 by kgonepostl Replied by kgonepostl on topic Mediator crawls for the wrong games when added

LuciferHawk wrote: Presets are global, they are not filtered by application but compatibility, so you will also find presets from other applications(/games).

(I first thought you meant the display bug of meta data of a preset such as author and application name)

So are you saying that the problem can't be fixed?

• Ganossa
More
8 years 6 months ago #6 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Mediator crawls for the wrong games when added
It should not be an issue but rather be a feature or alternative. If we would filter for the application profile you have selected then people who want to crawl for all compatible presets would see an issue with it.
Presets can be applied to any application, therefore the crawling does not make any difference. It was designed like that. You can apply the GTA V preset also to Titanfall without a problem. I could easily change it to a more narrow filter instead but that would -currently- not be the expected behavior :huh:

• kgonepostl
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #7 by kgonepostl Replied by kgonepostl on topic Mediator crawls for the wrong games when added

LuciferHawk wrote: It should not be an issue but rather be a feature or alternative. If we would filter for the application profile you have selected then people who want to crawl for all compatible presets would see an issue with it.
Presets can be applied to any application, therefore the crawling does not make any difference. It was designed like that. You can apply the GTA V preset also to Titanfall without a problem. I could easily change it to a more narrow filter instead but that would -currently- not be the expected behavior :huh:

That's a major issue. I can say for sure that people want to add a game and crawl the appropriate preset for the game. People don't want to add a Grand Theft Auto V preset for a different game. That's an obvious issue that needs to be fixed.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by kgonepostl.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.