Star Wars Force Unleashed crashes after a while

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1 by luluco250 Star Wars Force Unleashed crashes after a while was created by luluco250
Using the latest ReShade framework Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition crashes after only a few seconds in the main menu, sometimes it's almost instantly when the menu loads.

I've tried(and didn't work):
  • Running as Admin
  • Disabling Steam Overlay
  • Not using the 60 FPS .exe
  • Either with or without the intro movies, if they are enabled they'll play normally only for the game to crash upon reaching the menu as mentioned above, if they are disabled as soon as the game loads the menu it'll crash after a short while.
  • Running with or without the launcher
Here's the crash dump , I should mention that the loading screen will show up just fine, it only crashes upon reaching the main menu.
Also, the crash dump shows that "The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access", if that's of any help.

[strike]UPDATE:
It seems the crash only occurs when I force 16x AF with the Nvidia driver (Nvidia Inspector), but using both ReShade and driver tweaks has always worked well on other games, seems like this one doesn't like it so much.[/strike]
False alert, it did crash the next time I tried running it.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by luluco250.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Star Wars Force Unleashed crashes after a while
No problems in other games?

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #3 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic Star Wars Force Unleashed crashes after a while
Not at all, using the same ReShade version with Sims 3 works perfectly.

• crosire
More
8 years 4 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Star Wars Force Unleashed crashes after a while
Do they use the same rendering API (D3D9/10/11/OpenGL)? So to rule out a API-specific problem.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.