Reshade can't display settings once errors occur

• ls8062464
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1 by ls8062464 Reshade can't display settings once errors occur was created by ls8062464
I extract all .cfg files from other's preset, and put them in a new folder under Reshade/Personal files/Presets. Like this one:
www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/86/?tab=...s%2F%3Fid%3D86&pUp=1

Once I run Mediator.exe , "following error: "120" is invalid to "Value". "Value" should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'" display in the top box; and all the settings are gone, even if I delete that preset it doesn't work at all. Only delete the Reshade folder download it again can Mediator.exe runs normally.

BTW, I also wonder how could it be possible that .cfg files in some of those reshade presets cannot be made as presets?
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by ls8062464.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic Reshade can't display settings once errors occur
It is because the author has edited the .cfg files manually, using values beyond the acceptable (for the Mediator) range. You should either 1.follow the author's instructions and decompress all Reshade files directly in the game's folder bypassing the whole Mediator business or 2. go the fool's way (as I do), create a new preset in the Mediator and manually insert the values you find in the .cfg files, approximating the ones that are out of range.

It's becoming a big problem really, people continue to ignore the Mediator and edit files like they did back in SweetFX times. It's their right of course, but maybe the Mediator should be somehow more tolerant regarding this kind of issue, instead of blocking everything it could give off a (possibly more specific) warning and continue working.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ls8062464

• ls8062464
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #3 by ls8062464 Replied by ls8062464 on topic Reshade can't display settings once errors occur
Well it's necessary to expand the range of settings and fix the situation that settings go blank.

People should release presets rather than own inject version, which makes others able to switch between different effects :)
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by ls8062464.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.