[SOLVED] Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic framerate

• SunBroDave
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #1 by SunBroDave Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was created by SunBroDave
v0.13.2 opengl32.dll 32bit hooks into the game successfully, and the effects are applied, but the fps drops to like 2 fps. In-game AA disabled.

Here's the log:
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by SunBroDave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robgrab
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #2 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
In my experience most of the OpenGL based Star Wars games take a huge performance hit using ReShade with MasterEffect Reborn (Jedi Academy being the worst offender). On the bright side Marty says he's rewriting ME and we can expect a big bump in performance by optimizing his code. It will only get better with time.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by robgrab.

• vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
The massive framerate hit to 2fps is actually very specific. If you have any lens flare effect (except gaussion anamorphic) activated the framerate dies. Raymarch AO also drops it to 2fps. This happens with these effects in every opengl game I have tried.

Other than lens flares and RMAO, I haven't noticed this problem with any of the other effects in RE.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave

• SunBroDave
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
wow good call vfxninjaeditor, raymarch was the culprit. works perfectly with that turned off

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.