NFS 2015 PC: Can't use Reshade with Origin overlay

• FR-STYLE
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #1 by FR-STYLE NFS 2015 PC: Can't use Reshade with Origin overlay was created by FR-STYLE
Hello, after a lot of troubleshooting I was finally able to get Origin's ingame overlay to work by removing Reshade. The issue seems to be that Reshade's overlay interferes with Origins, thus disabling it.

I've already viewed the topic where it was suggested to change the values from 1 to 0 for all Reshade messages, however the greeting message on startup still appears. I believe that all Reshade overlays are what are preventing the Origin one from working. I wouldn't mind except that the Origin ingame chat feature is very useful.

If anyone has any more suggestions as to how I can completely disable all Reshade overlays I would greatly appreciate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kleio420
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic NFS 2015 PC: Can't use Reshade with Origin overlay

FR-STYLE wrote: Hello, after a lot of troubleshooting I was finally able to get Origin's ingame overlay to work by removing Reshade. The issue seems to be that Reshade's overlay interferes with Origins, thus disabling it.

I've already viewed the topic where it was suggested to change the values from 1 to 0 for all Reshade messages, however the greeting message on startup still appears. I believe that all Reshade overlays are what are preventing the Origin one from working. I wouldn't mind except that the Origin ingame chat feature is very useful.

If anyone has any more suggestions as to how I can completely disable all Reshade overlays I would greatly appreciate it.

this seems to happen using steam as well
The following user(s) said Thank You: FR-STYLE

• crosire
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic NFS 2015 PC: Can't use Reshade with Origin overlay
Multiple injectors (Origin's in-game overlay is one too) don't work well together, because their injection methods may overwrite each other. That's their nature.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FR-STYLE

• FR-STYLE
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #4 by FR-STYLE Replied by FR-STYLE on topic NFS 2015 PC: Can't use Reshade with Origin overlay
Thats sort of the conclusion I came to also. Except whats odd is, in GTA V, I can use the steam overlay just fine with reshade. I can also use nvidia shadowplay, which has an overlay also.

To me it seems, at this point, its purely an issue with the nature of Origins ingame overlay.

• crosire
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic NFS 2015 PC: Can't use Reshade with Origin overlay
Yep, both ShadowPlay and Steam's overlay seem to be compatible (a recent update broke that, but Valve apparently added a workaround shortly after). Origin had issues since the beginning and they are hard to resolve without breaking compatiblity with other, in my opinion more important software again.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.