Resident Evil 5 DX10 crash at startup

• LucasFonte23
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by LucasFonte23 Resident Evil 5 DX10 crash at startup was created by LucasFonte23
Version: ReShade 0.14.0 Public Beta with SweetFX 2.0 Preview 2
Tracelog: pastebin.com/56dDLdPh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nekrik
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #2 by Nekrik Replied by Nekrik on topic Resident Evil 5 DX10 crash at startup
Just tried it. Works fine here with Reshade 0.14.0
Hook: dxgi.dll
Executable: re5dx10
latest sweetFX v2.0 Preview 2 with ASCII shader enabled !! No crashes
Post your crashdump and make sure you are not running apps like Radeon Pro, d3doverrider or other overlays which hook themselves along with reshade.
Also i had similar problem "Failed to initialize Direct3D10 renderer!" and latest windows 7 update solved it.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Nekrik.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LucasFonte23

• LucasFonte23
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #3 by LucasFonte23 Replied by LucasFonte23 on topic Resident Evil 5 DX10 crash at startup
There are no overlay programs running and I'm on Windows 8.1...
Crashdump

I'm also have drivers up to date and all updates installed on Windows Update.
Any ideas? :(
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by LucasFonte23.

• robgrab
More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Resident Evil 5 DX10 crash at startup
Is anti-aliasing disabled in-game and in drivers? That one always gets me.

• LucasFonte23
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #5 by LucasFonte23 Replied by LucasFonte23 on topic Resident Evil 5 DX10 crash at startup
Yes.
No AA in game nor drivers...

Is there a chance of GFWL be the cause of problem here?
I'm using this version of GFWL because Windows 8.1 is not compatible with the version that RE5 installs.

It's the only thing that I can imagine.

• Nekrik
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #6 by Nekrik Replied by Nekrik on topic Resident Evil 5 DX10 crash at startup
what is "RocketDock" it seems to running in backround as process as i can see in your dump does it have something to do with overlays or d3d hook of any type ? also i don'd know but maybe some incompatibility with the steam overlay "gameoverlayrenderer.dll" disable both of them and try again to launch the game!

• LucasFonte23
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #7 by LucasFonte23 Replied by LucasFonte23 on topic Resident Evil 5 DX10 crash at startup
RocketDock is a application launcher that I like to use on my desktop (I also closed it and disable Steam overlay but the game still crash).
And the only programs running in the background here: Avast, IDM, Steam, Skype and CCleaner.

• Nekrik
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #8 by Nekrik Replied by Nekrik on topic Resident Evil 5 DX10 crash at startup
As long as game launches normal with the GFWL you installed (when you launch it without reshade) i don't think it's the issue but on the other hand i am out of ideas maybe Crosire can help. Does the game launches without any .fx file and without the sweetFX folder, only the dxgi.dll ? Also make sure that gameoverlayrenderer doesn't running in task manager, can you upload a dump created now that you disabled the "gameoverlayrenderer" ? Finally make sure you dont't have both d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll in game dir!

• LucasFonte23
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #9 by LucasFonte23 Replied by LucasFonte23 on topic Resident Evil 5 DX10 crash at startup
With only dxgi.dll the game crashes too.

I don't know what could be "gameoverlayrenderer" but now I exit all programs, only Steam is running (with overlay off) and the game still won't launch with ReShade here... :(

Crashdump

EDIT: I've also downloaded Resident Evil 5 Benchmark to test out, but it crashes.

Then I quit Steam and it opens... Maybe the "gameoverlayrenderer" comes from Steam, but still a thing that I don't understand because I turn off the Shift+Tab overlay and FPS counter on Steam options before :huh:

Yet I got no effect on the demo. It's like i'm don't even using ReShade. Here is the Tracelog for it.

• Nekrik
More
9 years 2 months ago #10 by Nekrik Replied by Nekrik on topic Resident Evil 5 DX10 crash at startup
If it is launches when you have the steam client off then, it's definetelly have something to do with it. "Gameoverlayrenderer" is the process of steam overlay which may be running in backround (even after you disabled steam overlay) as a "process" not application, and is interfering with the reshade injector. It is only a thought though!

• LucasFonte23
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #11 by LucasFonte23 Replied by LucasFonte23 on topic Resident Evil 5 DX10 crash at startup
Tested with 0.15.0 version and still crash at DX10 :(

• Nekrik
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #12 by Nekrik Replied by Nekrik on topic Resident Evil 5 DX10 crash at startup
I still don't have any issues as of 0.15.0 +Master Effect + Sweetfx. Works great at 1440p and much faster after reducing HDR32F to HDR16 in ME, even with Magic DOF quality at 14.
See for yourself.
[img
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Nekrik. Reason: Added proof screenshot

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 1 month ago #13 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Resident Evil 5 DX10 crash at startup
Strange, for me it crashes too.

• Nekrik
More
9 years 1 month ago #14 by Nekrik Replied by Nekrik on topic Resident Evil 5 DX10 crash at startup
As i previously mentioned on guru3d forums and i think here too, i also have had crashes using dx10 api, back in the days of reshade 0.10.0. with message like "cannot initialise d3d10 device" or somethning like that. Then i discussed the issue with Crosire, who tried to run RE5 demo which worked fine for him. The only think i did after that and solved it was removing all overlays, (which did not help) and upgraded my windows , drivers etc which apparently worked.
Though recently i found out that if i delete the dxgi.log and start the game with RTSS and MSI AB enabled it will end with crash.

• LucasFonte23
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #15 by LucasFonte23 Replied by LucasFonte23 on topic Resident Evil 5 DX10 crash at startup
Yeah, I know the game works fine to most people. I just don't understand why it crashes for me on DX10...
Maybe it's my windows version, I dunno.

I'll try to test on Win7 later, also I'll download again Resident Evil 5 Demo and test on 0.15.0 to see if get better results. Then I post here.

Edit.: I've downloaded RE5 Demo, and again I got the same results... It opens on DX10, but with no changes, with that same message on log: "Failed to initialize Direct3D10 renderer!"
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by LucasFonte23.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.