Question on Assetto Corsa's in-game depth buffer

• polyneutron
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #1 by polyneutron Question on Assetto Corsa's in-game depth buffer was created by polyneutron
Hey guys, I've recently finally been able to make ReShade work with AC, but sadly:
1-When in the race cars aren't rendered in the depth buffer AT ALL, and I mean it. There are trees, some level decorations and stuff, but still no car models showing up there, and it's really crucial for DoF effect. Personally I really like the in-game DoF, but I find McFly's Advanced DoF far more superior, so it's such a shame I can't use it properly - even Mouse-driven autofocus won't help much there.
At first I thought "This is it, big thanks to devs then!" :(
But then I stumbled upon a picture on AC forums where one guy showed off his depth buffer output pic, and the car model actually WAS there! I couldn't make cars appear though, that's why I decided to ask if anything can be done there here, on forums.
2-Another problem (though I wouldn't call it that important) is that ReShade won't even show up loading when I enter the Showroom even knowing that I placed all the files where they belong, and yet again ReShade works/ loads fine in-game, but not in Showroom.

Thanks in advance!
Regards, polyneutron
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by polyneutron.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Question on Assetto Corsa's in-game depth buffer
1) Not really. You cannot affect the search algorithm ReShade uses. Maybe the guy was using an older version.
2) I guess the showroom isn't rendered via Direct3D or OpenGL, which is required for ReShade to work.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: polyneutron

• polyneutron
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #3 by polyneutron Replied by polyneutron on topic [Solved] Question on AC's in-game depth buffer
Funny thing is that I tested prev version of ReShade (*the one I successfully use in pCARS), and it didn't work, it just CTD'ed the game. Now I tried to leave both "Reshade 2.0" and pCARS' Reshade folders at the same time, hooked on the 0.18.3 dll, and voila! Got it working! *Sort of.

Warning: Spoiler!

The thing is that it's so "OMG" tricky - the cars keep showing up, disappearing and then reappearing under certain cam angles, but at least they actually show up now. Sometimes. :lol:
As alwasys thanks for the tip, @crosire!
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by polyneutron. Reason: The issue was solved

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.