Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ReShade 3.0, SpaceEngine 0.98; Shaders Won't Load

ReShade 3.0, SpaceEngine 0.98; Shaders Won't Load 11 months 2 weeks ago #1

I installed ReShade 3.0 to SpaceEngine 0.98, and upon startups and reloads, at least five shaders will be unable to load due to a compile error, but otherwise runs flawlessly. The problem shaders are AdaptiveSharpen, Emphasize, FXAA, LumaSharpen, and Vignette.

Here's the log file. :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1C6RbksuFXSUWhqRU0wQ0s2T3c/view?usp=drivesdk
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ReShade 3.0, SpaceEngine 0.98; Shaders Won't Load 10 months 2 weeks ago #2

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1580
Eh. I kind of missed this post. In case you are still around, does this happen with 3.0.4 as well?
Cheers, crosire =)

ReShade 3.0, SpaceEngine 0.98; Shaders Won't Load 7 months 1 day ago #3

Apparently I missed the reply, too. :S

Anyways, I apologize for my lateness and thread bump, but I just downloaded 3.0.6, and the issue persists. Looking at the opengl32.log, I see numerous errors, covering the second half of the log. Since I have better internet access than 4 months ago when I first posted, I opted to download the additional shaders at the end of setup.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1C6RbksuFXSUGZ...dkE/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: Also, I am on Intel HD 4400. I updated my graphics drivers, but no change, still having the errors.
Last Edit: 7 months 1 day ago by Plutonian1984. Reason: Forgot to add Graphics Card details.

ReShade 3.0, SpaceEngine 0.98; Shaders Won't Load 6 months 4 weeks ago #4

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1580
Ah. Intel's GLSL compiler cannot handle ReShade's GLSL output apparently. That's a common thing since NVIDIA, AMD and Intel all have their own GLSL compilers, each more or less restrict on syntax. NVIDIA is very lax, so shaders that compile there don't necessarily compile on AMD or Intel. Since I'm developing on a NVIDIA machine it can happen that ReShade produces GLSL only NVIDIA can compile and it's hard to reproduce other cases.
Cheers, crosire =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Plutonian1984

ReShade 3.0, SpaceEngine 0.98; Shaders Won't Load 6 months 2 weeks ago #5

• amoebae
  • Thank you received: 6
I've got a Space Engine problem too.

I'm using SE 0.9.8.0 with ReShade 3.0.6. All my planet and star textures are invisible - everything else renders as it should. If I remove ReShade everything shows up fine.

So, a shader conflict? I've done a fresh install of Space Engine, but no dice.

I don't have the problem Plutonian had - I've had no compilation errors on load. I didn't have this problem with an earlier 2.x version of ReShade. This is the first time I've tried a 3.x version with it.

Edit: I've removed the shaders, so it's just loading ReShade on its own - and still the same thing. I've also tried 3.0.5 - same again. Really odd.
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by amoebae.

ReShade 3.0, SpaceEngine 0.98; Shaders Won't Load 6 months 2 weeks ago #6

• amoebae
  • Thank you received: 6
Okay, 3.0.3 works fine. I don't have 3.0.4 so I don't know where the borkedness was introduced.

So, with ReShade 3.0.5 and 3.0.6 I get no planet/star textures in Space Engine 0.9.8.0.

With ReShade 3.0.3 I do. Will stick with that version for now, but would be interested to know what happened to cause the weirdness.

ReShade 3.0, SpaceEngine 0.98; Shaders Won't Load 6 months 1 week ago #7

How did you download other versions?
I have the same "transparency problem"

EDIT: Never mind found them on another forum

For people looking for them here they are: reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/294-...-repository-new-host
Jeremie
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by JeremiePlam.