[SOLVED] GTA V won't start with reshade 3

• RVN
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1 by RVN GTA V won't start with reshade 3 was created by RVN
Sorry for posting in the wrong forum earlier. My apologies. OK - I can't get GTAV to start with shader 3.0. It installs, I even tried manual install, however the launcher freezes and the game does not start. Any advice, please?
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by RVN.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic GTA V won's start with reshade 3
Make sure you select "Direct3D 10+" during installation and NOT "Direct3D 9". If you already did, delete d3d9.dll from your GTA V directory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVN

• RVN
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #3 by RVN Replied by RVN on topic GTA V won's start with reshade 3
EDIT and post below
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by RVN.

• RVN
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #4 by RVN Replied by RVN on topic GTA V won's start with reshade 3
oh i didn't see your post. Now the funny thing. If i choose dx10+ it doesn't work at all. If i choose dx9 it does... any explanation? I've started with dx10+, and after 10 or more freezes I chose dx9 and it worked fine. I have no idea why... What could be wrong on my side? I only have a few non graphic mods installed in the mods folder.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by RVN. Reason: more info

• RVN
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #5 by RVN Replied by RVN on topic GTA V won's start with reshade 3
Ok, here's what I did. I found a simple solution. I only had to rename the dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll and, voila, everything works great. Reshade 3 is awesome, I only need a few more shaders to be perfectly happy with it, anamorphic flare, crossprocessing and sepia would be great. Do I add SOLVED to the title?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.