Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Crashes

• CrazySteve88
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by CrazySteve88 Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Crashes was created by CrazySteve88
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - DXGI.dll v0.13.2 + 0.14.0

After a few hours of playing Black Flag the game will crash with a d3d11.dll fault. Here's the event log:

Faulting application name: AC4BFSP.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x53343cbf
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17415, time stamp: 0x54503b6b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0004f227
Faulting process id: 0xe78
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0475197ccf3a2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\AC4BFSP.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll
Report Id: 2ff02865-b345-11e4-8266-000272a8ea4a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I tried 0.14.0 and the same error occurred every few hours. After removing reshade the game no longer crashed. I own the uplay version and I don't have steam running in the background. The only other thing I can think of is I have an amd card with the latest omega drivers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JPulowski
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Crashes
Did you try disabling Uplay overlay? Because I remember that I experienced a similar issue with Watch_Dogs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CrazySteve88

• CrazySteve88
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by CrazySteve88 Replied by CrazySteve88 on topic Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Crashes
I didn't think about that actually. I know when I used Radeon Pro I had to disable the overlay for either uplay or origin(can't remember which) so it makes sense that this would fix it. I'll be sure to try it out later and see if this fixes it.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.