[SOLVED] Metro Last Light Redux CTD

• exgalv
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #1 by exgalv [SOLVED] Metro Last Light Redux CTD was created by exgalv
I thought it was weird that Metro LLR keeps crashing when I try to open it with ReShade but not otherwise. I've installed the dxgi.dll and forcing the game to render with DX11 through user.cfg. The funny thing is, Metro 2033 (non-redux) works perfectly and there are many people who have gotten ReShade working with Last Light Redux with no errors whatsoever.

So here's the .dmp file from the crash...
mega.co.nz/#!KhlSxIAa!WwsU7o0CfNH3fCCv0J...Mlup3jZOy-_ITkNh0j7A

And here's the log...
mega.co.nz/#!vtVDDSQB!ksiJQnmQ93yi7fZAo-...UTwu0uSyacOY1CtskX5I

And hopefully someone knows what's up.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by exgalv. Reason: Solved, FRAPS seems to be the issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ScarecrowDM
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #2 by ScarecrowDM Replied by ScarecrowDM on topic Metro Last Light Redux CTD
Metro 2033 Redux also is really picky sometimes.
For some reason I can use just MasterEffect with it, but it crashes immediately if SweetFX is chained.

It is a "slim" version of SweetFX, with only lumasharpen and dither, it works with every single game I'd tried, minus Metro 2033 Redux. Funny thing, if I enable "#include "Sweet.fx" while ingame, it works (I can see lumasharpen in action) but crash after a while.

I'm downloading LL Redux right now, maybe I'll come back with a proper feedback.
Meanwhile, try MasterEffect instead of SweetFX if you haven't.

EDIT: It is working fine with me also.
RadeonPRO was preventing the game form booting with Reshade, though.
Make sure to disable every software that you use for monitoring stuff.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by ScarecrowDM.

• exgalv
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by exgalv Replied by exgalv on topic Metro Last Light Redux CTD
Well, didn't think it would be a background program, but you were correct.

FRAPS seems to be the issue with Metro: Last Light Redux on my system atleast. Thanks!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.