Homeworld Remastered, Mostly Blacked out ?

• Sorileus86
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by Sorileus86 Homeworld Remastered, Mostly Blacked out ? was created by Sorileus86
I tried to use SweetFX 1.5.1 with the recently released remastered version of the Homeworld series and was suggested via another forum to try ReShade.
Well I did and it auto sets up just fine etc, how ever when I get ingame and get to the main menu all the text and UI have lines in them and when I actually load up a game everything is black except for sensors and ship icons :/ .

Here are some screenshots.
sta.sh/25v1yh7cgyj?edit=1

An heres the log file.
Warning: Spoiler!

If there was an Extra step to get this t run properly I'd apprieciate the heads up lolz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Homeworld Remastered, Mostly Blacked out ?
I had conversation not long ago, where somebody played Homeworld Remastered with ReShade just fine. That was with version 0.14.0 though. Mind trying that one out, to see if the update broke it? =)

• Sorileus86
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by Sorileus86 Replied by Sorileus86 on topic Homeworld Remastered, Mostly Blacked out ?
Still have the same issues :/ Did the previous person you mention say how they got it to work ?

Warning: Spoiler!

• Sorileus86
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by Sorileus86 Replied by Sorileus86 on topic Homeworld Remastered, Mostly Blacked out ?
Just Figured out what was Maybe causing me to get a blackscreen while tring to get this to work, Raptr!, could have swore I had that overlay disabled >.>' lolz

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Homeworld Remastered, Mostly Blacked out ?
That would also explain the warnings at the end. Does it work now? Just talked to the guy again and it works for him apart from some minor stability issues.

• Sorileus86
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #6 by Sorileus86 Replied by Sorileus86 on topic Homeworld Remastered, Mostly Blacked out ?

crosire wrote: That would also explain the warnings at the end. Does it work now? Just talked to the guy again and it works for him apart from some minor stability issues.

Actually its stopped working after the 1st time I got it to work, I even reclosed Raptr and Fraps, still the same as before :/, at a complete loss now as to what is causing it to not take full effect :(.

• kgonepostl
More
9 years 1 month ago #7 by kgonepostl Replied by kgonepostl on topic Homeworld Remastered, Mostly Blacked out ?
Just close ALL programs in your task bar/task manager then try. If it worked before, it should hypothetically work again with minimum programs running. Then run every game individually to find the culprit.

• Sorileus86
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #8 by Sorileus86 Replied by Sorileus86 on topic Homeworld Remastered, Mostly Blacked out ?
Actually I think Raptr was the issues the entire time, recently I have been getting BSODs, and found out that Raptr was causing them, and I found this out when 1 of my games had crashed, which if I tried to restart the game the PC would BSOD, so when this happened I decided to just restart the PC.

How ever when I closed out of TS I started getting a looping sound, I then closed Raptr, except 1 of its processes didn't close *raptr_encoder_serve*. When I did close that the sound loop stopped so I was Pretty sure I found the root of the BSODs and potentially the reason I couldn't get Reshade to work a 2nd time even though Raptr was closed out.

I have since uninstalled Raptr and cleaned the registry and reinstalled Raptr, and have since not had another BSOD, so I am pretty confident that was the issue, at least with the BSODs lolz.

So a bit later today I'll try again with Raptr *completely* closed and see what that yields :D. Hopefully that does the trick this time lolz.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Sorileus86.

• Sorileus86
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #9 by Sorileus86 Replied by Sorileus86 on topic Homeworld Remastered, Mostly Blacked out ?
So I tried to get Reshade to work again, this time with No Apps running that could potentially effect it like MSI After Burner, Fraps, Raptr etc etc, and I am still unable to get it to work again. :/

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.