[SOLVED] Watch_Dogs 2: EasyAnticheat and ReShade

• Dr4Wm4N
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #1 by Dr4Wm4N [SOLVED] Watch_Dogs 2: EasyAnticheat and ReShade was created by Dr4Wm4N
Hello!

There's a problem when using ReShade (tested with latest 3.0.5 version) with Watch_Dogs 2: ReShade works as it should, but it seems to trigger the anti-cheat software the game uses ( EasyAntiCheat ), and so I cannot play with other players anymore. The game says that I must install EasyAntiCheat to play coop or PvP (it's weird, because the software is already installed, but that must be a bug caused by ReShade). When I uninstall ReShade, I can use all online functions without problems again.

I don't think ReShade will be updated to fix that, as it would involve messing with EasyAntiCheat's functions, and could result in a ban in Watch_Dogs 2, or worse (Ubi account ban). :unsure:

So, I just wanted to warn users that it is not advised to use ReShade with this game, if you plan to use all online functions.

EDIT : Last patch fixes this problem, now you can enjoy WD2 SP & MP without trouble. :)
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Dr4Wm4N. Reason: Solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• badjz
More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by badjz Replied by badjz on topic Watch_Dogs 2: EasyAnticheat and ReShade problem
How did you even get reshade working with WD2?

I'm using latest reshade & the game loads into title menu, but when I load the save game it crashes to desktop.

When I uninstall reeshade it works perfectly. I have deactivated all overlays, etc & still no cigar....

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 4 months ago #3 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Watch_Dogs 2: EasyAnticheat and ReShade problem

badjz wrote: How did you even get reshade working with WD2?

I'm using latest reshade & the game loads into title menu, but when I load the save game it crashes to desktop.

When I uninstall reeshade it works perfectly. I have deactivated all overlays, etc & still no cigar....

Same here , i found disabling SLI, or rolling back the latest geforce drivers fixes it. not the best solution but still..

• Dr4Wm4N
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by Dr4Wm4N Replied by Dr4Wm4N on topic Watch_Dogs 2: EasyAnticheat and ReShade problem
I have no clue why it doesn't work for you, since I'm not using any special trick to make it working on my side.

Are you using SLI? If yes, as Aelius Maximus said, you can try disabling it to see if it works for you.

• Razed
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #5 by Razed Replied by Razed on topic Watch_Dogs 2: EasyAnticheat and ReShade problem
You can disable EAC by making a shortcut to the .exe and using "-eac_anticheat" in the command line.

Unfortunately that still doesn't fix the crash issue for SLI users using ReShade 3.0 and I also happen to be one of them. Really wish there was a way to avoid disabling SLI and still get it working.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Razed.

• Dr4Wm4N
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #6 by Dr4Wm4N Replied by Dr4Wm4N on topic [SOLVED] Watch_Dogs 2: EasyAnticheat and ReShade
Problem fixed by last patch. :)

• jminternelia
More
7 years 4 months ago #7 by jminternelia Replied by jminternelia on topic [SOLVED] Watch_Dogs 2: EasyAnticheat and ReShade
So you got it working with SLI?

• Dr4Wm4N
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #8 by Dr4Wm4N Replied by Dr4Wm4N on topic [SOLVED] Watch_Dogs 2: EasyAnticheat and ReShade
I don't have SLI.

• MonarchX
More
7 years 1 month ago #9 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic [SOLVED] Watch_Dogs 2: EasyAnticheat and ReShade
The latest update broke ReShade compatibility for me...

• MonarchX
More
6 years 11 months ago #10 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic [SOLVED] Watch_Dogs 2: EasyAnticheat and ReShade
Has anyone found a solution?

• Nirouv
More
6 years 11 months ago #11 by Nirouv Replied by Nirouv on topic [SOLVED] Watch_Dogs 2: EasyAnticheat and ReShade

MonarchX wrote: Has anyone found a solution?

Hello MonarchX,

If you're on Win 10 have you tried switching WatchDogs2.exe to run in Win 8 mode? That worked for me also I'm using nvidia drivers 381.89 with ReShade 3.07 and I've purchased the game through Uplay instead of Steam.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.