[SOLVED] Settings won't save (v3+)?

• H0PE
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #1 by H0PE Settings won't save (v3+)? was created by H0PE
Since I moved over to v3 I have to set up all my settings every time when I load a game session or even if I alt tab out of the game. Sorry if I miss some basic stuff during setup, but I don't see "save" or anything like that. I assume this isn't the normal behaviour. :)

Games I currently muck around with is Borderlands and Borderlands 2 so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Settings won't save (v3+)?

• H0PE
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #3 by H0PE Replied by H0PE on topic Settings won't save (v3+)?
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. "Users" account got full permission. That should be enough isn't it? I don't use <user> account permissions on my system, that always causes permission issues on the long run.

I'm looking for a way to add a "toggle" (to turn on by default) lumasharpening and smaa in reshade's d3d9.ini, how can I turn these on by default? Seems they are not in there, so this is why I have to toggle them manually at every session when I start the game.

• H0PE
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by H0PE Replied by H0PE on topic Settings won't save (v3+)?
This is still an issue for me.
I've added my user account with full permission to the reshade related files/folders in the game directory.
Every time I start the game I have to enable (thick the checkboxes) so the filters would work. Reshade doesn't enable them by default.

Question still: How can I edit the related directx.ini so the settings (checkboxes) would be enabled? If what I'm writing isn't clear I try to rephrase and make screenshots.

• crosire
More
7 years 4 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Settings won't save (v3+)?
You do need to create a preset first so ReShade has a place to save stuff of course. Follow the in-game tutorial on how to do that. You can restart the tutorial from the settings tab.

• H0PE
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #6 by H0PE Replied by H0PE on topic Settings won't save (v3+)?

crosire wrote: You do need to create a preset first so ReShade has a place to save stuff of course. Follow the in-game tutorial on how to do that. You can restart the tutorial from the settings tab.

Hi,

I've installed it to many of my games now.
Selecting yes on the download default presets < then selecting lumasharpen and smaa
When the game starts -as you mentioned- I follow the tutorial on every game (Rather than just copy over the files from an already setup game for now, until I get more expert with the new version).
-Then I select checkboxes, change lumasharpen setting, finish configuration
-Swap over to performance mode under settings
-After this Reshade reload itself automatically
-I turn on the above two presets
-Close the reshade menu.

Next time when I start the game(s), I see that the presets are need to be re-enabled. See screenshot, how the reshade config looks every time I start a game:
flic.kr/p/NKtiqV
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by H0PE. Reason: Typo

• crosire
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Settings won't save (v3+)?
You are misunderstanding what a preset is. The setup asks you to download a bunch of default shaders. Those shaders in turn contain techniques which describe certain effects. The techniques is what you can toggle on and off in-game. But in order for those settings to be saved you need to create a preset. A preset is created by clicking the "+" button at the top. If it was successful you'll see a file created with the name you entered and an ".ini" extension. This is where your settings are stored.

"*.ini" is not a valid file name. That's why it cannot save anything. Enter an actual name (like "MyPreset") when you create a new preset.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by crosire.

• H0PE
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #8 by H0PE Replied by H0PE on topic Settings won't save (v3+)?
Oh thank you pointing out my mistake! I thought that typing *.ini the config will pick up the d3d9.ini file. :)
I wasn't sure if I type a non-existing ini that will create it.

Thanks for your patience -with me mixing up the names of shaders and presets and whatnot-.
All my problem solved! :D
*Handshake*
H0PE

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.