Watch_Dogs 2 hard freeze, cannot use ReShade after

• Dr4Wm4N
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #1 by Dr4Wm4N Watch_Dogs 2 hard freeze, cannot use ReShade after was created by Dr4Wm4N
After my first problem with ReShade has been solved (see this topic ), I have another worse problem...

I played Watch_Dogs 2 with my ReShade preset without problems for a few hours, but then the game hard freezed (no response at all, sound looped, had to reboot) and when I relaunched the game, it always crashed with this message:

If I remove all ReShade files, the game works normally.

I haven't been able to find the cause of this problem, but a complete reinstall of the game can fix it. But it involves a few hours of wait since I have to download the entire game again. I tried to verify the files, reinstall ReShade, erase my config files, but only a complete reinstall of Watch_Dogs 2 allows me to play the game with ReShade again (before it hard freezes again after some time)...

Here's my dxgi.log if this can help:

pastebin.com/hentFjua
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Dr4Wm4N.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dr4Wm4N
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by Dr4Wm4N Replied by Dr4Wm4N on topic Watch_Dogs 2 hard freeze, cannot use ReShade after
OK, I give up. ReShade seems to be too unstable with latest Ubi games...

First Watch_Dogs 2 with this weird hard freeze problem, and now Tom Clancy's The Division which crashes randomly at start.

Nevermind, I'll play those games with vanilla rendering, after all they're not the ones that really need heavy ReShade presets to be pretty. Their default visuals are great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.