Reshade broke ePSXe emulator, can't undo

• Hoover1979
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #1 by Hoover1979 Reshade broke ePSXe emulator, can't undo was created by Hoover1979
I tried reshade 3.0 on ePSXe playstation 1 emulator.

As the new shaders look boss on the PC release of Dragon Quest Heroes I thought "This should look cool on my PS1 emulator.

problem is now I get just a black screen with sound and deleting the reshade files from the emulators folder does not help.

I still get the reshade message on top, and black screen with sound. the download I got from this site only installs reshade into a select game. It does not allow me to remove it from said game. how can I remove reshade from ePSXe?

all google yields is dodgy sites saying "If you download our special program it will fix your problem" That is bogus and downloading those dodgy fix/uninstall programs give a virus or crypto-lock your PC with a ransom notice.

it there a way I can remove Reshade 3.0 from ePSXe myself?

Please assist. The emulator is broken.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hoover1979
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by Hoover1979 Replied by Hoover1979 on topic Reshade broke ePSXe emulator, can't undo
I found that it had placed an opengl.dll in ePSXe folder. removed it and fixed.

Why does reshade 3.0 bork ePSXe? it uses OpenGL 2.0.

I also applied it to the Risen3D Doom engine and got horrid graphic corruption and it also changed the games behavior. when I pressed ESC to scroll down to "Quit" it displayed the audio control panel, so I had to ALT+F4 to get out.

is this new Reshade incompatible with OpenGL?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.