[BUG] ReShade & Second Life

• Curgus
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 4 hours ago #1 by Curgus [BUG] ReShade & Second Life was created by Curgus
First things first, I am sorry if this turns out to be a duplicate post of what other people have had... so, reshade 3.0 when used with SL I have noticed not all functions work (RBM & MXAO) along with shadows being controlled by camera angles and are upside down

P.S. it also hides any huds I have within SL and I cannot save presets.

Last edit: 7 years 4 hours ago by Curgus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Curgus
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #2 by Curgus Replied by Curgus on topic ReShade & Second Life
2 weeks and still no response Q~Q

• Exilium
More
7 years 3 months ago #3 by Exilium Replied by Exilium on topic ReShade & Second Life
Depth buffer effects not work in online games I think, so, forget it.

• Curgus
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago #4 by Curgus Replied by Curgus on topic ReShade & Second Life

Exilium wrote: Depth buffer effects not work in online games I think, so, forget it.

Sorry this took so long to reply to, I have been busy with RL things and totally forgot about the thread... but anyways that isn't necessarily true. from my testing reshade works in online games too. but I would LOVE to see ReShade working fully with second life without it magically hiding my in-world HUDS from the screen.

• Curgus
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #5 by Curgus Replied by Curgus on topic [BUG] ReShade & Second Life
So, crosire... I'd love to hear a response from you on this matter considering another user on the forums have had similar issues (Dessie66) and got no response either

• crosire
More
6 years 11 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [BUG] ReShade & Second Life
The OpenGL renderer of ReShade has some bugs and since Second Life renders with OpenGL, strange things can happen.

• Curgus
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #7 by Curgus Replied by Curgus on topic [BUG] ReShade & Second Life
So is there no way around the strange happenings or fixes for them? :(

• crosire
More
6 years 11 months ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [BUG] ReShade & Second Life
Not in the moment, no.

• Insomnia
More
6 years 11 months ago #9 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic [BUG] ReShade & Second Life

crosire wrote: The OpenGL renderer of ReShade has some bugs and since Second Life renders with OpenGL, strange things can happen.

True. In Unity, ReShade have access to the depth buffer but depth effects have a tendency to fall behind in the rendering, so for example MXAO will start to miss its target with several frames when spinning the camera.

• Mishka
More
6 years 8 months ago #10 by Mishka Replied by Mishka on topic [BUG] ReShade & Second Life
There is a pretty simple fix for all this (at least on Nvidia....ymmv on AMD) is to simply download and use Reshade 2.0 or below, all shaders work fine, it doesnt hide any of your HUDS and works flawlessly ie. shadows render correctly etc.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.