[SOLVED] Unreal Tournament (2015)

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #1 by crosire Unreal Tournament (2015) was created by crosire
Just some info on the crash issue with the new Unreal Tournament:

Unreal Engine 4.7 does a very unfortunate check, it checks if the D3D11 object reference counts match the expected values. Problem is that those are slightly modified due to the presence of ReShade, which itself holds a reference to them.
For anybody interested: The problematic check can be found in file "Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Viewport.cpp,197" of the Unreal Engine source code. Removing it and recompiling the engine, then starting Unreal Tournament with that modified engine version fixes things.
Now that obviously isn't the way to go, I can't expect players to modify and recompile their game from source code, which is why I'm now trying to figure out the best way to make the engine believe the objects weren't altered, but without losing reference counting security and thus risking memory leaks and crashes.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aufkrawall, Aelius Maximus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aelius Maximus
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Unreal Tournament (2015)
Im still taking this as great news, this game will look fantastic with Reshade once it can be properly implemented

• Aelius Maximus
More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Unreal Tournament (2015)
Just out of curiosity, how do i access the Unreal Engine source code? I'm willing to try this out just to see how great this game looks with ReShade.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Unreal Tournament (2015)

Aelius Maximus wrote: Just out of curiosity, how do i access the Unreal Engine source code?

Be warned, this requires a little knowledge on how to use Visual Studio =)
  1. Follow these steps .
  2. Browse to the UnrealTournament source code (which includes the engine too).
  3. Set up your build environment by following the instructions in the Readme.md file.
  4. Modify D3D11Viewport.cpp (it's probably simpler to just remove lines 193 to 200 there).
  5. Rebuild and enjoy!

Note that this is no longer needed once ReShade 0.16.0 is out, which now supports Unreal Engine 4.7.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

• Skinner
More
8 years 7 months ago #5 by Skinner Replied by Skinner on topic Unreal Tournament (2015)
I'm getting an error (ingame bugreport) when executing UT2015. I placed the reshade files in UnrealTournamentDev\Engine\Binaries\Win64".
Any idea's?

• adi518
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #6 by adi518 Replied by adi518 on topic Unreal Tournament (2015)
It's not working with the latest build of UT. :dry:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by adi518.

• polyneutron
More
8 years 6 months ago #7 by polyneutron Replied by polyneutron on topic Unreal Tournament (2015)
Crosire, does the whole "Delete lines and then recompile" thing work with depth buffer issue too?

I was so happy today to find out that MasterEffect actually works with UT, unfortunately w/out DoF shader since - you know, "No depth buffer access." :(
(*quoted from the Reshade compatibility list)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.