Reshade won't work after Win10 Creators Update

• john1
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #1 by john1 Reshade won't work after Win10 Creators Update was created by john1
So after updating to Creators Update ReShade_Setup_3.0.6.exe won't open(even with run as admin) just nothing happens. Before update all things worked well. Same problem with 3.0.7 version too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mobeeuz
More
6 years 10 months ago #2 by Mobeeuz Replied by Mobeeuz on topic Reshade won't work after Win10 Creators Update
No problems here. I suggest a clean install of the latest Win 10 ISO instead of updating. Yes it's a pain in the a**, but there's a reason why people do it.

• john1
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #3 by john1 Replied by john1 on topic Reshade won't work after Win10 Creators Update
My Windows 10 is only 4 months old(clean install). If I do clean install now, maybe next update I must do clean install again. That's seems terrible option and I only have problem with opening Reshade exe file. Games that I injected Reshade before update still works well.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by john1.

• Mobeeuz
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #4 by Mobeeuz Replied by Mobeeuz on topic Reshade won't work after Win10 Creators Update
If that is the only problem you have, then count yourself lucky. My personal experience with updating caused me to be unable to run anything as administrator, all advanced networking to stop functioning, hardware to stop accepting ANY drivers and various M$ software to simply never start - and that was from a 2 week old install.

The clean install option need only be used when a major milestone is released, XP and Vista called them service packs. Creator's update is actually called Redstone 2, updating from Redstone 1. When a new designation such as that occurs, it's time to clean install. Or not, and hope for the best I guess...

Bottom line: I fresh installed Creator's update (Redstone 2) and Reshade works perfectly - draw your own conclusions.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Mobeeuz.

• john1
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #5 by john1 Replied by john1 on topic Reshade won't work after Win10 Creators Update
Yeah it's very weird, right now I only have problem with Reshade.exe, other similar programs that uses exe installer works great. Seems like I'm not only one with this problem. Someone from Fallout4 troubleshooting thread have same problem with ''Creators Update''

• Mrkazador
More
6 years 10 months ago #6 by Mrkazador Replied by Mrkazador on topic Reshade won't work after Win10 Creators Update
Same problem. Nothing shows up when it was working fine before a few months ago.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 10 months ago #7 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Reshade won't work after Win10 Creators Update
Are you guys using injectors? Since the creators' update ReShade itself works fine, but my ENB injector doesn't like to run next to GeForce Experience.

• john1
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #8 by john1 Replied by john1 on topic Reshade won't work after Win10 Creators Update
I don't use GeForce Experience and what do you mean by ''injectors''? Nothing happens when I try open ReShade_Setup_3.0.6.exe or ReShade_Setup_3.0.7.exe
I don't have ENB. I only use Reshade for LumaSharpen filter, because some games are just too blurry when using TAA like Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition.

• Introvert Ant
More
6 years 10 months ago #9 by Introvert Ant Replied by Introvert Ant on topic Reshade won't work after Win10 Creators Update
While my issue may be different, I hope it is related so I can get some answers.

I am a new users to Reshade and I have not been able to get it to work (or even show up!) on the current game I'm playing. None of the forums for the game I'm trying to use it with (FFXIV) have been able to figure out why the overlay just doesn't show up after following the install instructions. It literally just does not show up nor load up. The only thing I can think of is that it could be because I had recently upgraded to Win10 Creator and the problems are similar to yours.

Just wanted to throw that out there to give the thread more umff.

• FrostGuru
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #10 by FrostGuru Replied by FrostGuru on topic Reshade won't work after Win10 Creators Update
It's a driver problem with Windows 10 and Creators Update, if possible don't use the newest graphic card drivers. For example with nVidia cards, drivers 38x.xx series don't work properly, the 37x.xx series are working correct. The same with AMD but I don't know the driver versions which work correct.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by FrostGuru.

• crosire
More
6 years 10 months ago #11 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade won't work after Win10 Creators Update
You're all talking different problems here.

@john1: reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/3076-so...hade-to-even-install
The following user(s) said Thank You: john1

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #12 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Reshade won't work after Win10 Creators Update

crosire wrote: You're all talking different problems here.

Yeah, that's a major windows update for you. You should've seen this one update (from 7 to 8, I think) that broke all of my usb port drivers.
Another (8 to 10?) broke my graphics driver causing the PC to use onboard graphics. Not fun waking up to 800x600 desktop.

To everyone ever:
Try wiping your old gpu driver and installing a new one fresh. As in, remove it with that one tool which I forgot the name of, restart, and re-install latest, and restart again. This'll make sure it's not your driver's problem.
Also messing around with compatibility settings and whatnot *may* help. It's easy to do, and therefore should be one of the first steps in debugging weird issues like this.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by FierySwordswoman.

• Mobeeuz
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #13 by Mobeeuz Replied by Mobeeuz on topic Reshade won't work after Win10 Creators Update

FierySwordswoman wrote: To everyone ever:
Try wiping your old gpu driver and installing a new one fresh. As in, remove it with that one tool which I forgot the name of

It's called Display Driver Uninstaller and yes, you do want the program to reboot Windows into safe mode before cleaning.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Mobeeuz.

• john1
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #14 by john1 Replied by john1 on topic Reshade won't work after Win10 Creators Update

crosire wrote: You're all talking different problems here.

@john1: reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/3076-so...hade-to-even-install

Thanks. Closing RivaTuner and Afterburner did the trick.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.