Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Crash

• FYKC
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by FYKC [CRASH] Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic was created by FYKC
KOTOR starts up just fine and I can use the main menu. ReShade compiles whatever effects like it should. When I load a save or start a new game, the game will crash as soon as its finished loading. This happens with ReShade version 0.13 and 0.15, whether I'm using SweetFX, MasterEffect, or no effects.

Here's the mini dump file:
www.dropbox.com/s/9z73s383r5kjenk/swkotor.exe.4824.dmp?dl=0

Here's the tracelog file:
www.dropbox.com/s/jczexj625tkg9u1/opengl32.log?dl=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [CRASH] Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
SWKOTOR uses OpenGL Pbuffers (which some other older games do too), something ReShade didn't support up until now. This is fixed with 0.16.0.

• FYKC
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by FYKC Replied by FYKC on topic [CRASH] Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Unfortunately I am having the exact same issue with 0.16.0 as I am with earlier versions. I tried disabling depth buffer effects in the options menu to see if that was having an effect but that resulted in my display driver crashing.

• crosire
More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [CRASH] Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Sorry, can't reproduce. Had a friend try both KotOR 1 and KotOR 2 and he is able to start a new game, the intro sequence plays, dialog comes up and he can start walking around with zero crash issues.
What else possible interfering software are you running (this is especially dangerous with a function based library as OpenGL is)? Errors in the log? Make sure you don't have anything forced in the driver. Mind posting a tracelog? =)
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by crosire.

• FYKC
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #5 by FYKC Replied by FYKC on topic [CRASH] Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Nothing is forced in my drivers. I have no other software running other than Steam, Origin, and Spotify--I don't use any third party game software or things of that nature. Here is the tracelog: pastebin.com/cXq7Q430

This is a screenshot of the crash. Unfortunately I've been unable to snag a shot before it greys out but you can still see the sort of graphical corruption going on. i.imgur.com/GHhin14.jpg

Kotor works perfectly without ReShade, and it is only Kotor that is acting up like this for me.
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by FYKC.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.