[SOLVED] FSX-SE ReShade 0.15.0 Black Screen

• GhostRider521
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by GhostRider521 FSX-SE ReShade 0.15.0 Black Screen was created by GhostRider521
Hello,

I have Black Screen and crash problems with ReShade 0.15.0 and FSX-SE v10.0.62608.0.
FSX-SE or FSX in generally is a 32bit DX9 Game, it is possible to use a DX10 preview mode but the proper way is to use the normal DX9 mode.
i renamed ReShade32.dll to d3d9.dll and started the Sim, the menu appears normally but there where your Aircraft is turning is just all black. When i click Fly now or close the Game, it crashed the cause is always a different. I also tried to rename the .dll to dxgi.,and this time i don't have a black screen.
But now comes the weird part. When the dxgi log is created and i start FSX again, it crashed immediately. When i delete the dxgi log FSX starts ?
But anyway, it doesn't work neither when i use reshade + master effects with dxgi.dll.

here is the d3d9.dll log
Warning: Spoiler!

and here the dxgi.dll log
Warning: Spoiler!

System info:
Win7 64bit
vc redist from 2005 till 2013 32 and 64bit installed
latest dx redist installed
Graphic Card is a AMD R9-270X with Catalyst 14.12

ENB and the old sweetfx works like a charm.

Hope it is possible to get it to work :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic FSX-SE ReShade 0.15.0 Black Screen
The crash issue with dxgi.dll sounds like an overlay conflict problem. Anything else possibly interfering running? Some overlay, game booster, recording software?

• GhostRider521
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #3 by GhostRider521 Replied by GhostRider521 on topic FSX-SE ReShade 0.15.0 Black Screen
Thanks for the fast answer.

The only thing i use is some Driver settings SSAA 4x and AF 16x, and steam runs in the background.
But the Steam overlay is deactivated.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by GhostRider521.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic FSX-SE ReShade 0.15.0 Black Screen
Tried disabling the driver SSAA? I read of multiple people having issues when there was AA forced through the driver, not necessarily caused crashes, but it's worth a try =)

• GhostRider521
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #5 by GhostRider521 Replied by GhostRider521 on topic FSX-SE ReShade 0.15.0 Black Screen
I have disabled all driver settings, with no succes.
But I have tested something different now.
I opened FSX with Radeonpro, now it comes, it works!
The only problem left now is the dxgi.log file. I have to delete the file before each start of FSX, otherwise he crashes on startup?

• GhostRider521
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #6 by GhostRider521 Replied by GhostRider521 on topic FSX-SE ReShade 0.15.0 Black Screen
Since version 0.16.0 it works even without Radeonpro. And FSX crashes not anymore with an existing log file, thanks for the great work!
The only problem is that driver AA is completely ignored now, only in game AA works.

• crosire
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic FSX-SE ReShade 0.15.0 Black Screen
Glad to hear! =)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.