Reshade breaks FFXIV support desk

• Diceman
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #1 by Diceman Reshade breaks FFXIV support desk was created by Diceman
Unsure what exactly the problem is here, but i am unable to get past "Retrieving Information" when I use Reshade, where as I have no issue using the older custom 64bit sweetfx loader.

The overlay might be involved somehow, and i see no way to disable it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Diceman
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #2 by Diceman Replied by Diceman on topic Reshade breaks FFXIV support desk
Edit
Bolotaurs x64 build of sweetfx certainly does not impair the support desk.

• Diceman
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #3 by Diceman Replied by Diceman on topic Reshade breaks FFXIV support desk
It appears this is only a problem under Windows 7.

• Diceman
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #4 by Diceman Replied by Diceman on topic Reshade breaks FFXIV support desk
I discovered recently that FFXIV uses WinHTTP for the support desk, and will not work on 7 if WinHTTP's security is restricted to TLS 1.1/1.2

I believe there may be some relation here but i've stuck to using Bolotaurs sweetfx because it doesn't ruin XIV's hud as much.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.