Reshade 3.0 don't working Assasins creed unity

• tpsx242
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #1 by tpsx242 Reshade 3.0 don't working Assasins creed unity was created by tpsx242
Hi everyone, I tried to put reshade 3.0 on my Assasin's Creed Unity game but it don't work. Whit Reshade I select the Direct3D10+ API and when I lunch the game it crash and say ACU.exe has stoped working.

Why it don't works on this game ?

I'm on Windows 10 and all the updates.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JBeckman
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #2 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Reshade 3.0 don't working Assasins creed unity
What I would try is to go to the folder where you installs Assassin's Creed Unity and then rename "dxgi.dll" into "d3d11.dll" instead and then try if that doesn't resolve the issue. :)

ReShade's setup procedure would have copied the contained ReShade64.dll into that folder as dxgi.dll but d3d11.dll is a alternative method that might be more compatible depending on the game though there's also other factors ranging from third party software (Steam's overlay and Ubisoft's Uplay software overlay can interfere a bit for example.) and even software such as Windows Defender if it gets in the way and tries to block the .dll from injecting into the game as it's started.

Some users even resort to trying older versions of ReShade for compatibility but those aren't hosted on this website though there might be topics for their archival available in one of the sub forums so you don't have to hunt for unverified setup exe files or some .dll from who knows where. :)

But hopefully renaming the .dll is all it takes and that resolves the issue without any further complications.

EDIT: Oh and just to put it out there, only the dxgi.dll in the ACU folder, no other DirectX .dll files should be altered.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by JBeckman.

• R_PX
More
6 years 5 months ago #3 by R_PX Replied by R_PX on topic Reshade 3.0 don't working Assasins creed unity
I did just that, and the game crashed right after the ubisoft logo. (bear in mind ive used mediator/framework 1.1.0) havent tried it with 3.0.8.

• VAMET
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #4 by VAMET Replied by VAMET on topic Reshade 3.0 don't working Assasins creed unity
Dear R_PX

It's working with older versions, I have checked every of them starting form ReShade 3.0.1 and:

ReShade 3.0.1 - Assassin's Creed Unity is working! :woohoo:
ReShade 3.0.3 - Assassin's Creed Unity is working! :woohoo:
ReShade 3.0.4 - Assassin's Creed Unity isn't working! :sick:
ReShade 3.0.5 - Assassin's Creed Unity isn't working! :sick:
ReShade 3.0.6 - Assassin's Creed Unity isn't working! :sick:
ReShade 3.0.7 - Assassin's Creed Unity isn't working! :sick:
ReShade 3.0.8 - Assassin's Creed Unity isn't working! :sick:

I will check today with ReShade 3.1.0.

ReShade 3.1.0 - Assassin's Creed Unity is working! :woohoo:

Sincerely
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by VAMET.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.